flavorful tofu recipes anyone?

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
delighted99

flavorful tofu recipes anyone?

Post by delighted99 »

I went to a vegetarian restaurant recently and really enjoyed the tofu strips they put in the salad I ordered. They had sesame seeds on them and maybe were marinaded in soy sauce?? I am only guessing here. Anyone have a recipe that sounds similar to this? All I know is that the tofu was grilled.
Mrscreative

Re: flavorful tofu recipes anyone?

Post by Mrscreative »

Here's a good one!

Spicy Chinese Baked Tofu

1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. Hoisin or Black Bean sauce
1 Tbsp. Bragg's All Purpose seasoning sauce or soya sauce
1 Thai red chili, minced (I used a cayenne pepper)
1 - 12 ounce package of firm or extra firm tofu

Combine all the sauces, maple syrup and chili. Cut tofu into bite size pieces and mix gently to coat.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Delicious hot or cold! And I'm sure you could add some sesame seeds too.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

This sounds amazing. Thank you, mrscreative. I am assuming I can find the hoissin and braggs seasoning at my grocery store? Or is it best to just go to an Asian market?
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

I can find it in all of our supermarkets here in Canada without any problem. Just look in your Asian food section. Of course if it's not available, then go to an Asian market. They are very common place ingredients and shouldn't be hard to find.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

You might find the Bragg's all purpose seasoning sauce in the natural foods section. Here at any rate it is readily available in any health food store as well as the grocery store.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:17 pm You might find the Bragg's all purpose seasoning sauce in the natural foods section. Here at any rate it is readily available in any health food store as well as the grocery store.
Mrscreative, I made your tofu recipe and it is now my favorite recipe for tofu! I didn't have that Bragg's seasoning sauce on hand but I used soy sauce as a substitute. For the chili I used a garlic flavored chili sauce that I found in the Asian foods aisle.