Aldi Bread

Know of a hot freebie or deal? Please, share the details. No referral or affiliate links allowed.
Forum rules
No affiliate links, referral links or advertisements allowed.
floridacatlover

Aldi Bread

Post by floridacatlover »

For those of you who do not bake bread, check out the bread at Aldi.

I love the 12-grain bread which has recently been reduced to $1.29 a loaf in my area! Until a few weeks ago it was $1.79 or $1.89 (can't remember). To me this is an incredible bargain. I also buy the raisin bread, $1.79 a loaf.

My mom has bought unsliced Italian bread several times. (I can't recall the price.) Mom also buys the English muffins (.99) which used to be not so good but now are very good (according to her).

A year or so ago, Mackie mentioned that her family loved a certain Aldi bread. What was it Mackie? I thought it was something with oats but I have not found that at my Aldi but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MackerelCat

Re: Aldi Bread

Post by MackerelCat »

It's the honey oat bread my family loves so much. DH will not eat any other bread.
Mackie
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Aldi now has sprouted grain bread........it's like Ezekiel Bread if you're familiar with it. Aldi's has two versions and one is low sodium.

I LOVE this bread (both brands). Makes great toast, freezes great, and it makes a huge difference in my blood sugar, vs any regular breads. I don't feel sluggish after eating it. I find it a little too firm for a 2-slice sandwiches, though, but I do like it open-faced.

Aldi is $3 for a 16oz loaf. Ezekiel at Kroger is $5 for a 24oz loaf. I'm really only saving 50 cents per 24oz with the Aldi's, but sometimes they have it for $1 off, or $1 per loaf. Kroger has Ezekiel on sale sometimes for as low as $3.50.
ohjodi
floridacatlover

MackerelCat wrote:It's the honey oat bread my family loves so much. DH will not eat any other bread.
I'll look for it.
floridacatlover

ohjodi wrote:Aldi now has sprouted grain bread........it's like Ezekiel Bread if you're familiar with it. Aldi's has two versions and one is low sodium.

I LOVE this bread (both brands). Makes great toast, freezes great, and it makes a huge difference in my blood sugar, vs any regular breads. I don't feel sluggish after eating it. I find it a little too firm for a 2-slice sandwiches, though, but I do like it open-faced.

Aldi is $3 for a 16oz loaf. Ezekiel at Kroger is $5 for a 24oz loaf. I'm really only saving 50 cents per 24oz with the Aldi's, but sometimes they have it for $1 off, or $1 per loaf. Kroger has Ezekiel on sale sometimes for as low as $3.50.
Interesting. I've never had Ezekiel bread but I'll look for this one at Aldi.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My friend who is on a weight-loss diet designed by a nutritionist has to eat Ezekiel bread. She loves the stuff and has lost 23 pounds in three months. She essentially eats a modified paleo-diet and Ezekiel bread is the only bread she can have.
Mackie