Turkey .49/lb

Know of a hot freebie or deal? Please, share the details. No referral or affiliate links allowed.
Forum rules
No affiliate links, referral links or advertisements allowed.
frugalmom

Turkey .49/lb

Post by frugalmom »

Safeway(if you have one in your area) is having a whole turkey for .49/a lb-so stock up! You can make slices for sandwiches-see the Economides' family site(money Smart Family and on you tube) for how to roast it and slice it to save for sandwiches if you need help(which I am sure most of you have this down but just in case,this is a nice video!).
gaylejackson2

Re: Turkey .49/lb

Post by gaylejackson2 »

EllenMarie wrote:Safeway(if you have one in your area) is having a whole turkey for .49/a lb-so stock up! You can make slices for sandwiches-see the Economides' family site(money Smart Family and on you tube) for how to roast it and slice it to save for sandwiches if you need help(which I am sure most of you have this down but just in case,this is a nice video!).
Oh I wish! Alas we have only a Davis, a Smith's Food & Drug, and Super-Walmart (where I refuse to buy any kind of meat)!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
EllenMarie wrote:Safeway(if you have one in your area) is having a whole turkey for .49/a lb-so stock up! You can make slices for sandwiches-see the Economides' family site(money Smart Family and on you tube) for how to roast it and slice it to save for sandwiches if you need help(which I am sure most of you have this down but just in case,this is a nice video!).
Oh I wish! Alas we have only a Davis, a Smith's Food & Drug, and Super-Walmart (where I refuse to buy any kind of meat)!

Why do you refuse WM meat? I have a Super WM I think that is what it is with groceries finally after many years since it used to be just a regular wm store before. I do not shop there often bc gloomy,not as good a selection,etc but their meat looked ok-unless there is something I don't know! Let me know!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

BTW I see a pink area where it says forum rules: no affiliate links,referral links or ads allowed in my thread. So is this telling me that I broke a rule? I thought if you are the company doing the ads not be alerting about a special bargain alert? So what should I do? Delete thread (which I have to figure out how to do too)? Just want to make sure I am doing what is right!
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Hey EllenMarie,

You haven't done anything wrong. That message about affiliate links appears for everyone. We're happy for you guys to share deals that you come across. We just don't want spammers to think it's okay to use our site to advertise, and we don't want people to include affiliate or referral links that are designed to make them money when you click thru.

Hope that explains it better.

Aaron and Erin
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

EllenMarie wrote:
gaylejackson2 wrote:

Why do you refuse WM meat? I have a Super WM I think that is what it is with groceries finally after many years since it used to be just a regular wm store before. I do not shop there often bc gloomy,not as good a selection,etc but their meat looked ok-unless there is something I don't know! Let me know!
The few times I've bought WM meat, its been either a) way too tough to cook (even 12 hours solid in crock-pot didn't budge it from a solid state), b) really gross looking (brownish & slimy), or c) the time when we actually found strange little worms in the meat. So um yeah, no more walmart meat for me (unless I don't know that I'm eating it, in which case I'd really prefer not to know about it).

I don't buy Wm milk either... too many times its come home cold but soured, or warm... ick!

Gayle