U.S. Park Service Lifetime Senior Pass

Know of a hot freebie or deal? Please, share the details. No referral or affiliate links allowed.
Forum rules
No affiliate links, referral links or advertisements allowed.
floridacatlover

U.S. Park Service Lifetime Senior Pass

Post by floridacatlover »

The cost of U.S. National Park Service Lifetime Senior Pass is increasing dramatically but you can get the cheaper price now.

This pass lets a U.S. citizen or green card holder age 62 and up get free entry to national parks and monuments for life. It is a one-time fee, nothing to pay each year. This used to be called Golden Passport.

The cost is $10 but is is scheduled to increase to $80 (!) later this year according to AARP.

You can buy it at any national park or monument, but if you don't have one nearby you can get it by mail or online for $10 plus $10 mailing/handling charge, so $20 total. Check nps.gov. You must send or scan proof of age with an official ID (driver's license or Passport).

I'm glad I found out about this and I'm getting in under the wire because I'm 62. The nice thing is that only one person in the car needs the pass and up to three additional adults can get in free. My mom has had this pass for awhile and we've used it a few times.
LWolfT

Re: U.S. Park Service Lifetime Senior Pass

Post by LWolfT »

Well, depending on when the price changes, I may not be at the magic age in time. (Though the Parks Service is one of those agencies I think can use the $$.)

I do see that there will be a $20 annual pass for those 62 and over, which might be a good alternative for folks who don't do a lot of traveling.
floridacatlover

Re: U.S. Park Service Lifetime Senior Pass

Post by floridacatlover »

I received my NPS Senior Pass yesterday.

I noticed in the brochure that came with it, there is a free Access Pass for those who are disabled of any age. It has the same benefits as the Senior Pass - free admission, 50% off camping. There is still the $10 processing fee if you get it by mail. You have to show proof of disability. Check the nps.gov website for more info.