Order stamps from the post office

Know of a hot freebie or deal? Please, share the details. No referral or affiliate links allowed.
Forum rules
No affiliate links, referral links or advertisements allowed.
ohjodi

Order stamps from the post office

Post by ohjodi »

You can order stamps directly from the post office, so you don't need to go out to buy them. Shipping is minimal....I ordered some last week and it was less than $2.

https://store.usps.com/store/home

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/shop.jsf;CPO_JSESSIONID=00UFpLoIfYKpJG1cQGK7X281NeNRBQhhR8il9J8NNbCTF8kgeuhd!1642750162?execution=e1s1

https://shop.royalmail.com/postage-and-packaging

Order some extra, and send some cards and letters to people, to cheer them up during these trying, and kind of lonely, times!

Your topic wouldn't have to be about how we're coping with this virus. You could just mention some favorite memory you have of the person.

Any paper and envelope will do!

Send some stamps to the grandkids so they can write back. Print out some puzzle, coloring, or story pages for them. Tell them a story about when you were a kid.

Like how when we were kids, we actually wrote letters to people LOL

The post office will keep delivering letters. Worst-case they will limit the days per week.
ohjodi
HappyDaze

Re: Order stamps from the post office

Post by HappyDaze »

Jodi, thanks for the tip and the inspiration. You're a bright spot in my day! I think I will send a card to my parents with some riddles in it - and send another card a couple days later with the answers.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:46 am Jodi, thanks for the tip and the inspiration. You're a bright spot in my day! I think I will send a card to my parents with some riddles in it - and send another card a couple days later with the answers.
That's a sweet idea! And puzzles like crosswords could be printed out from online, and mailed. Or if you have a puzzle book, tear a few of those out to mail, too.

A million years ago this group, in another forum, thought up things to send in the mail for fun. Flat things, like tea bags. Maybe we can think them up, again.

I thought of sending a couple panty liners to my sister, lol
ohjodi
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I got a little order form in my mailbox to fill out and put your money with it and the carrier will leave stamps next time. I will probably do that. I'm going to put a sign by my mailbox on the porch today, saying THANK YOU to the mail carrier for bringing the mail every day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:38 am I got a little order form in my mailbox to fill out and put your money with it and the carrier will leave stamps next time. I will probably do that. I'm going to put a sign by my mailbox on the porch today, saying THANK YOU to the mail carrier for bringing the mail every day.
That's a sweet idea!
ohjodi
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I ordered using Jodi’s link. Total was $12.30 for a book of Forever stamps. P.O. will deliver them in about 5 days.

I used to always buy my stamps at the Publix checkout counter and since I’m not going there now, this is a big help.