Korean Beef Bulgogi

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
delighted99

Korean Beef Bulgogi

Post by delighted99 »

I cooked this last night and it was a hit! My knife wasn't sharp enough to slice this meat very thin but it still turned out great. I served it up like I would a stir fry and made some rice on the side.

https://kimchimari.com/bulgogi-korean-beef-bbq/
frugalmom

Re: Korean Beef Bulgogi

Post by frugalmom »

delighted99 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:03 pm I cooked this last night and it was a hit! My knife wasn't sharp enough to slice this meat very thin but it still turned out great. I served it up like I would a stir fry and made some rice on the side.

https://kimchimari.com/bulgogi-korean-beef-bbq/
I love Korean food, thanks for the recipe! If you have any leftover you can make DolSot Bim Bop which I like also. I cook the rice separately then once cooled or you can do a day old rice, but I crisp it up and cook it further(you want a crispy bottom so thin layer of sesame or other oil). then after veggies and rice cooked and fold in the bulgogi and serve a fried egg on top and squeeze gojuchang(special hot sauce that looks like thick paste). Also the fusion trend is serve it in wraps,corn or flour tortillas,bao and make little sandwiches or wraps or tacos/burritos. You can go to the Asian store and get white half buns(the ones they put duck in the restaurants and hoisin sauce and green onions). Or you can turn them into Vietnamese sandwiches and serve it in a crusty french roll (I like bollilo rolls which are similar) and heat the beef up and put it in the bread and I make a rice vinegar and sugar mixed with julienned cucumbers and carrots and daikon or papaya greens ok too(not the orange fruit but it is kind of whitish green) and mix together and put into the sandwich. I also sometimes add a thin layer of mayo(optional). Serve with a big Romaine lettuce too.
delighted99

Re: Korean Beef Bulgogi

Post by delighted99 »

That bhanh mi sandwich is a favorite of ours. I usually order mine with chicken though. Never tried making that one at home.