Rescue this Marshmallow Fudge

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
dlrcpa

Rescue this Marshmallow Fudge

Post by dlrcpa »

I found a very easy recipe for marshmallow peanut butter fudge. I made it but did not MEASURE the marshmallows according to the recipe. I figured the whole bag was called for - no. So now the fudge is not going to harden. Any ideas? I am not averse to putting it all back in a pan and reheating. Add cereal? I don't have Rice Krispies but I do have Special K (tastes pretty much the same) or Cheerios. ????? Thank you! :oops:
littlemiss63

Re: Rescue this Marshmallow Fudge

Post by littlemiss63 »

Can you roll it into balls and dip it in melted chocolate? Let the balls chill until they are really firm ( I suggest overnight). Melt a couple bags of Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler, stick a toothpick in the ball and coat. Put on waxed paper for easy removable.

If you can roll them into a ball, you might try rolling in powdered sugar too. As a last resort serve it over ice cream as a topping. I definitely wouldn't throw it away.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I put the pan in the fridge overnight and it hardened enough that I could cut it and store in containers. So I'm leaving it as is, but it will have to stay in the fridge. Thank you.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

dlrcpa wrote:I put the pan in the fridge overnight and it hardened enough that I could cut it and store in containers. So I'm leaving it as is, but it will have to stay in the fridge. Thank you.
So glad it was salvageable. I've heard people say they added a little milk and recooked it, but I tried that one time and it came out gritty, so I don't recommend that to anyone. Doesn't matter if it's not perfect if you aren't taking it to a christmas party or giving as a gift. LOL