Crazy Cocoa (or Carob) Cake

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
SandiSAHM

Crazy Cocoa (or Carob) Cake

Post by SandiSAHM »

This works in 2 8" rounds or one big 9" x 13" pan. Preheat oven to 350 F

3 cups flour - regular or GF
6 tablespoons cocoa powder OR carob powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons vinegar
2/3 cup oil
4 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups cold water

Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Create 3 'wells' in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in those wells, stir until just smooth, divide among pans and bake for 38-45 minutes depending on the size of pans. Check with a toothpick or knife in center.

This can be halved very easily, works in an 8" or 9" round pan for 35-40 minutes.
Heloise

Re: Crazy Cocoa (or Carob) Cake

Post by Heloise »

What an yummy sounding recipe! Me and cocoa go hand-in-hand, Sandi! Mind you anything sweet (and me) go hand-in-hand, so thanks for sharing this!
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Sandi,

I bet this taste similar to the Texas Sheet Cake that has been popular through the years. I love that cake and I have a friend who I swear hers taste better than mine and we use the same recipe. It's almost a cross between cake and a brownie. I love the frosting on it. I've never used carob powder and at least I have this if I should ever become allergic to chocolate. Thanks for posting.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Thank you Sandi.

You'd said in your other post, that this is a flatter cake, so maybe I'll use it as brownies. We like to have a sweet treat on Sunday evenings, so I'll see how my family likes it.

=) Gayle
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

This sounds good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/