Spicy-sweet-Rosemary mixed nuts

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
gaylejackson2

Spicy-sweet-Rosemary mixed nuts

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I saw this recipe on TV last week while at Dr's office with my girls. I've hunted up a similar version of it that I think I'm going to give a try, as DH has been complaining about what is packed in his lunch box.
Found here: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/sweet-and-s ... -bar-nuts/
-----

Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Bar Nuts

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:

4 1/2 cups assorted unsalted nuts, such as cashews, pecans, whole almonds, and macadamia nuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons coarse salt, or to taste
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine all the nuts and olive oil and stir to mix. Then, spread evenly on a baking sheet (or two if necessary) and bake until warm and golden, about 10-15 minutes.

Spread nuts onto a baking sheet in an even layer. Toast until nuts are lightly golden brown and fragrant (stirring occasionally), approximately 10-15 minutes.

Combine the rosemary, cayenne, cumin, brown sugar, maple syrup, and melted butter in the large bowl. Add the warm nuts to the mixture and stir gently to coat. Spread the nuts onto the baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with the coarse sea salt.

Mix in Ideas

You’ll want to add any extra ingredients after the toasting the nuts and tossing them with the sweet and spicy rosemary butter mixture. Ingredients like pretzels and popcorn can easily turn to a soggy mess if they are stirred into the melted butter.

Pretzels – salted, yogurt covered, or chocolate covered
Dried Fruits – plain or chocolate covered
Dried Shaved Coconut
Popcorn
Sesame Seeds
Chex Cereal
Dark Chocolate
Pumpkin Seeds
Granola
----
Gayle's Note: The TV showed the chef making this, baking the mix again for 3-5 minutes after the rosemary/spice/sugar was added to the nuts.
Heloise

Re: Spicy-sweet-Rosemary mixed nuts

Post by Heloise »

OMG, Gayle, this sounds so delicious!