Cheddar Biscuits

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
littlemiss63

Cheddar Biscuits

Post by littlemiss63 »

Biscuit Mix:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Topping for Biscuits
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese.

Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Topping for Biscuits
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture. Serve immediately.
These are also wonderful frozen and then heat for about 45 seconds in microwave.
delighted99

Re: Cheddar Biscuits

Post by delighted99 »

Thanks so much for posting. I think this would be great to have on one of our soup and salad nights.
littlemiss63

Re: Cheddar Biscuits

Post by littlemiss63 »

delighted99 wrote:Thanks so much for posting. I think this would be great to have on one of our soup and salad nights.
They are delicious any way you want to use them. I've had them with soup and salads and you want be disappointed. I do hope Rinty post her Lasagna Sauce and the Panna Cotta.