Mashed Potatoes Recipe

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
littlemiss63

Re: Mashed Potatoes Recipe

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:32 am
littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 pm
alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm Libby thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write the recipe. I know it was time consuming and I appreciate your posting it so soon especially since you are just now getting your typing skills with two hands back. Can hardly wait for the occasion to make some. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, you are welcome. No trouble at all, since I'm still limited to no lifting using that hand it gives me something
to do.
I did not know you could freeze mashed potatoes in muffin tins. I will be making this soon and freezing it to have on hand for going with my meat loaf and other things in the freezer.. Thanks again. Janet alliesmama
Janet,

A 5# bag of potatoes are so much cheaper than buying them individually and a bag would go bad on me before I could use them all. Once I freeze the servings in a muffin tin, I remove and place each one in a ziploc bag. I let one thaw at room temperature and then reheat it in the microwave. I love them this way and hope you will too.

If you have any trouble getting a serving to pop out of the muffin tin, run a little cold water over the back of it and it will pop right out.