1. Combine 2 C. flour with 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt.
2. Mix in 1/3 C. shortening till mixture looks like "crumbs"
3. Stir in 2/3 C. orange or pineapple juice
4. Roll dough into golf-ball size balls. Roll each ball in melted butter, then in a mixture of 1/3 C. brown sugar and 1 Tbsp. cinnamon.
5. Drop each ball into an ungreased muffin tin. Press down slightly on each one.
6. Bake at 450 for 12 minutes.
These are tender and amazing on the inside and have a sweet coating all over the outside - a cross between a biscuit and a doughnut.
Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1