New York CheeseCake with Strawberry Topping

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
littlemiss63

New York CheeseCake with Strawberry Topping

Post by littlemiss63 »

New York Deli CheeseCake

Crust
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (9 to 10 whole graham crackers, crushed) I put them in a Ziploc bag and use my rolling pin to crush.
3 Tbsp sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

Filling

5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup sour cream
3 eggs

Directions:

Leave the butter & cream cheese out of the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes to soften. You want to make sure that the cream cheese is completely lump free.

Assemble Crust:
Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of 9” Spring form pan and slightly up the sides. Pour cream cheese mixture from your recipe of Cheese Cake over the crust.

Assemble Filling:
Preheat oven to 500°. Combine cream cheese, 1-1/3 cups sugar, 2 tsp vanilla & lemon juice with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in sour cream & 2 Tbsp flour. Add the eggs & mix on slow speed until combined.

Pour cream cheese filing into the spring form pan where you have placed the crust and bake at 500º for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350º & bake for 30 to 35 minutes more, or until the center is firm. Cover & cool in refrigerator for several hours or overnight before serving.

If you don’t want the edges brown, wrap spring form pan in 3 layers of heavy duty tinfoil, place in another container that holds about 1 ¼” of water.

Assemble:
Easy Strawberry Sauce

1 lb Strawberries, rinsed, hulled and thickly sliced
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1/2 Lemon)

In a medium saucepan, combine sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice. Place over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. The strawberries will release juice without any mashing required.
There is no rival for homemade strawberry sauce. It has just 3 ingredients and this is the easiest strawberry sauce recipe. This strawberry sauce is completely wonderful over ice cream, pancakes, waffles, pie, cheesecake, this trifle, you name it! Excellent homemade strawberry topping!

Reduce heat and simmer 20-23 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Keep in mind sauce will thicken up slightly as it cools and even more after refrigeration.
SandiSAHM

Re: New York CheeseCake with Strawberry Topping

Post by SandiSAHM »

Hi - Do you use 'regular' sugar for this? You know, the white crystals? :lol: Or confectioner's sugar?

Thanks!

Granulated!!! the word I was looking for. Granulated sugar?

You know what they call you when you speak two languages and you start losing vocabulary in both?

Bye-lingual ;)
littlemiss63

Re: New York CheeseCake with Strawberry Topping

Post by littlemiss63 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:58 pm Hi - Do you use 'regular' sugar for this? You know, the white crystals? :lol: Or confectioner's sugar?

Thanks!

Granulated!!! the word I was looking for. Granulated sugar?

You know what they call you when you speak two languages and you start losing vocabulary in both?

Bye-lingual ;)
Yes Sandi, regular sugar, not confectioner's sugar is what I used. Hope you like it.