Sausage Muffins

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Sandy

Sausage Muffins

Post by Sandy »

sausage muffins.jpg
rinty

Re: Sausage Muffins

Post by rinty »

Well, YUM.....have your tried them with a few herbs added to the mix ?
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

I have not (my gang is pretty plain vanilla). However, let me know how they turn out if you make them and tweak the recipe.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey Sandy, I made the muffins............and they are yummy ! I had no Bisquick but had some Krustesz pancake mix from COSTCO which worked fine.

I made 6 bigger muffins from the amounts you gave rather than the 12 you got. They cooked beautifully and have a lovely glossy top , very appetising. I used a very herbed sausage so didn't add anything extra but DH felt they needed a "little something" so next time I will add some herbs and maybe a smidge of garlic powder.
Thanks they are delicious.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Good to know (and also that something other than Bisquick can be used). I use mild sausage when I make them (I can have digestive issues when using anything super spicy) and will do some experimenting. Thanks.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

What a good idea! I may make these when I have family staying at our house. I would have to jazz it up a little for us, though. Maybe some sage and pepperjack cheese instead of the cheddar. Maybe I'll do a test run just for DH and me first. Yummy!
Patty