Salsa—For LittleMiss

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
gaylejackson2

Salsa—For LittleMiss

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Cindy’s Salsa
(I got the recipe from my sis-in-law.)

2 gallons chopped tomatoes
4 cups chopped green bell peppers
4 cups chopped onions
3 jalapeños, diced
1/3 cup minced garlic
2 cups vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup chives-optional
1/3 cup cilantro-optional
3 large 12-ounce cans tomato paste

Cook all ingredients, Except Tomato Paste, until peppers and onions are tender, stirring frequently at first, then constantly as salsa begins to boil, on medium to medium-high heat. Add tomato paste, and boil salsa for 5 more minutes, stirring constantly. Ladle salsa into clean, warm jars, wipe mouths, then screw on two-piece lids, and process salsa in a Water Bath Canner for 30 minutes. Makes 10-12 quarts, or 20-24 pints.
littlemiss63

Re: Salsa—For LittleMiss

Post by littlemiss63 »

Gayle, thank you so much I will be making this this week. I don't want this much right now, but I think I can get the recipe reduced for what I need. Again, love you girl and thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule. Don't know how you do all you do with 5 children.
littlemiss63

Re: Salsa—For LittleMiss

Post by littlemiss63 »

Gayle, I made the salsa and it's wonderful. I don't know if I did everything right, and I used canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh. Mine came out nice and thick, is that the way it's suppose to be? The salsa that you buy in the store tends to be a little runny. I loved it thicker. I didn't have any white vinegar and I used rice vinegar, that might make it taste different than the original recipe. Thanks again, it is wonderful.