Iced Coffee Smoothie

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
HappyDaze

Iced Coffee Smoothie

Post by HappyDaze »

Oh YUM! I tried this to avoid wasting some leftover coffee (all my ice cube trays were in use) and it is SO good!

Blend in blender: 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk beverage of your choice), 1/2 cup cold coffee, 1 to 2 teaspoons flavored syrup or sweetener of your choice (I had a couple teaspoons of caramel sauce in the bottom of a jar - "rinsed" the jar with the almond milk), 6 ice cubes.

Use the ice crusher function to break up the ice cubes then blend for one minute on the "frozen drink" or "smoothie" setting. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy! This gets very creamy after it sits for a couple minutes and the milk and coffee layers separate - and - well, I just love it = very indulgent!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
chocolite

Re: Iced Coffee Smoothie

Post by chocolite »

Oh my. This sounds wonderful. I need to drag my blender out and try it.
Patty
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:09 pm Oh YUM! I tried this to avoid wasting some leftover coffee (all my ice cube trays were in use) and it is SO good!

Blend in blender: 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk beverage of your choice), 1/2 cup cold coffee, 1 to 2 teaspoons flavored syrup or sweetener of your choice (I had a couple teaspoons of caramel sauce in the bottom of a jar - "rinsed" the jar with the almond milk), 6 ice cubes.

Use the ice crusher function to break up the ice cubes then blend for one minute on the "frozen drink" or "smoothie" setting. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy! This gets very creamy after it sits for a couple minutes and the milk and coffee layers separate - and - well, I just love it = very indulgent!
YUM! Thanks for the recipe!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

JenMorri88 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 am Wow, that sounds great. I love mixing milk with cinnamon, sugar and cardamom, pouring it into ice cube trays and then throwing this ice into espresso. It turns out very cool!
Jen, that's a great idea! I've been on a hot coffee kick of late, but this makes me want to start making iced coffee again.
Patty