Lettuce

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
HappyDaze

Lettuce

Post by HappyDaze »

If you buy lettuce, what kind do you buy and what do you use it for? Do you ever use it in recipes that are cooked?

I have a couple of cups of shredded lettuce that need to be used tomorrow and I will probably resort to shredding up a carrot, adding some raisins and dressing and calling it salad.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Lettuce

Post by Jackielou »

I have heard of whole leaves being used as a wrap but since yours is shredded you can't do that.

Could you use it as a topping on a vegan burger or curry type meal. Or even on your vegan chili?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Thank you for the ideas, Jackie. I do have a container of chili defrosting in the frige and using some of the lettuce as a topping sounds good!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:55 am Thank you for the ideas, Jackie. I do have a container of chili defrosting in the frige and using some of the lettuce as a topping sounds good!
A friend of mine shreds lettuce to put in her fried rice dishes. She said it adds a nice texture and makes it taste more fresh.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:57 am A friend of mine shreds lettuce to put in her fried rice dishes. She said it adds a nice texture and makes it taste more fresh.
That sounds really good - thanks Janet!

Charles M. Schultz
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

We usually go with baby super greens for their nutritional punch. We use this in smoothies, salads, in sandwiches and wraps and also in soups and curries. For soups and curries, I add just before serving.