Hot cereal-recipe(s) wanted

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
gaylejackson2

Hot cereal-recipe(s) wanted

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Some years ago, one of our members posted recipes for making homemade hot cereal. If anyone has the recipes still, would you please share with me (us)? I think one recipe included chopped sunflower seeds, but I’m not sure.

I ask because I’d like to offer my family an additional GF hot cereal besides grits.
I have been considering trying to crack oat groats & millet together, and seeing how they cook up as hot cereal together.
frugalmom

Re: Hot cereal-recipe(s) wanted

Post by frugalmom »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 pm Hello friends,

Some years ago, one of our members posted recipes for making homemade hot cereal. If anyone has the recipes still, would you please share with me (us)? I think one recipe included chopped sunflower seeds, but I’m not sure.

I ask because I’d like to offer my family an additional GF hot cereal besides grits.
I have been considering trying to crack oat groats & millet together, and seeing how they cook up as hot cereal together.
Oh,I love grits just with butter and salt, black pepper and sometimes cheese!Idk if this is what you are talking about but I tried a new recipe today and it is called chunky monkey. I don't remember where I saw it, but you add chocolate chips, I put frozen banana slices to use it up (they used fresh I think) and a few crushed walnuts. YOu can also add peanut butter if you want. It was actually good! I think the kids will like it.