Book Page Craft Ideas

Come brag about your latest DIY, or teach us how to do something new.
RecoveringDreamer

Book Page Craft Ideas

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

I am getting a guest bedroom set up at our house over the next two weeks. DH's daughter is back in touch, so there is a chance/likelihood that she will visit relatively soon and I want to have a place for her to stay. She is an avid reader, so I am planning on decorating the room with a literary theme.

One of the things I want to do is use old books that are falling apart to make crafts to decorate with. I've seen cutouts of hearts, stars, feathers, animals either hung individually or strung up. Lamp shades covered in pages. Paintings/quotes on pages and then framed.

Anyone else have any fun ideas? She's 16 years old.

Thanks!
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
blondeinbuffalo

Re: Book Page Craft Ideas

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

It might be fun to do it with her to get her creative input. that is great they she is reconnecting with the both of you. you are a very caring person! cj
RecoveringDreamer

Thanks! I'm just thrilled for him. A little nervous too. I hope it goes really well for him. He's such a wonderful person and has been so heartbroken all these years that he hasn't been able to connect with her. She seems lovely too. I really hope it all goes well. He needs this.
A Life Beyond Money

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Decoupage some storage boxes with pages/illustrations. If you have a glass table top you might put some illustrations under the glass. Bookshelves obviously. A writing desk or even lap desk for use in bed. A reading light on the headboard. Cozy reading chair and quilt. Sounds fun.
RecoveringDreamer

Ooh! Great ideas! Thanks. I do need to find a good quilt. I'm heading out thrifting today, so I'll keep an eye out.
A Life Beyond Money

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I am curious to know how the room is coming along. Sounds like such a fun project.