Trimming your own hair short and evenly

Come brag about your latest DIY, or teach us how to do something new.
MackerelCat

Re: Trimming your own hair short and evenly

Post by MackerelCat »

I love Fantastic Sam's and have never gotten a bad cut there.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote:I've never tried it with tape! For slightly longer hair, you can move the headband down to your chin, but you won't be talking much while doing the haircut. :)
With tape, I sort of wrap it around my neck so that I have a straight cut across the bottom. Then sort of angle a couple of pieces so that I can trim up the sides.

My hair is very straight and fine, but it works pretty well with the resulting bob (even when I've made a small mistake on the back cut. ) I've figured out how to put in some layers, so that helps hide any imperfections.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I finally caved and got my hair cut at Fantastic Sam's. It was so long and floppy, but not yet long enough to put up in a ponytail, that I couldn't stand it any longer.

They gave me a handful of coupons, which kind of makes up for their prices having gone way up in the 10 months since I was last there.
Mackie
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I am about due for a cut as well. with a coupon it is hard to beat fantastic sams, or great clips. I also have gone to super cuts with good results. just need a picture of what you want, I find that it helps as I have a hard time describing what I want. cj