Have you ever made... (2 more questions)

Come brag about your latest DIY, or teach us how to do something new.
frugalmom

Re: Have you ever made... (2 more questions)

Post by frugalmom »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
EllenMarie wrote:I have never used dryer balls! What is that for? I don't use anything-just dry and sometimes like if flannel pajama pants have static I just shake it out and I think it must discharge the static cling bc it is ok after. Rest of my clothes dry fine. I think I read somewhere in my pursuit of frugality that people use tennis balls in the dryer-Idk if that was for the same concept but I think I read that before!

Pads! I am so happy I am finally not needing them anymore(well it has been like 2 months so far!)-yippeee! BUT the downside is even though I look young still at 50- I look 35 yo most people tell me-BUT now with a decrease in estrogen, I may start to look old quickly now among other problems and risks.
There are 2 types of dryer balls that I know of, the knobby ones, and ones made from wool. The wool ones are there to absorb moisture and fluff clothes, and the knobby ones also fluff clothes but are supposed to decrease static. I use some of each together.

Yay for you, EM, not needing pads anymore. I'll be 42 next week, and I seem to still need them awhile longer. ;) I might actually look forward to menopause so that hot flashes will keep me warm. :lol:
I know...lol...I am thinking I am liking this! Well,until the wrinkles start showing up and hair drying out and turning gray or white then maybe... :shock: Nothing to look forward to hot flashes-Idk if what I went through was the hot flashes people talk about,but I would break out in a terrible sweat(so I am thinking this was it) all of a sudden and of course it would happen at the most awkward moments like during a sterile procedure and I am worrying it will drip down on the field or something! My son has hyper hydrosis so it may be that too and I just got it later in life-so idk!

BUT come to think of it now that my period has stopped I have not had an episode yet really-hope that is gone-actually bc it is winter I am having like chills! I am telling hubby check my head do you think it is a fever as everyone around me is really sick(bad flu going around here) but so far the past two months I have avoided it! Thank goodness bc I had terrible immunity before until I stopped working and now so much better(all my life i had terrible immunity!)-I had like for one day something coming on and I attacked it with everything I could think of under the sun and Idk which worked but it did! I used vitamin c 500mg-1000 mg,Vit D 5000mg,silver colloidial,oregano,garlic,hot tea,lemon water,echinacea-something in there worked! Washing hands all the time and hand sanitizers as soon as the kids et in the car too, but the boy I carpool he coughs all over the place despite telling him to cover his mouth with his elbow repeatedly and he is the one who got all of us(well everyone I drive) sick! My hubby was upset bc when he gets sick and he did(got from my son and daughter who are in the car and both got sick and they gave my other daughter and husband)-he gets asthma exacerbation and just went to the hospital got antibiotics,inhalers,steroids now bc he quickly turns into pneumonia or bronchitis. So he wants me to tell the mom she can carpool her kid when he is sick-bc she refuses him even when he is crying to stay at home and forces him to go to school still bc she does not want him to miss school(teachers upset with him and send him to back of the room saying they don't want to get sick as he coughs all over).

That boy has been sick since Thanksgiving and is STILL sick! I told the mom bc you are not giving him a chance to fully rest! So delicate situation-Idk how I am going to address this with her or if I even should-she is not going to like it! She works usually too so I am the only carpool and I usually do everyday-but right now she is off bc her arm is in pain for the past few months(carpal tunnel) so she has sharing the carpool.

Like 8 sick people surrounding me and I am ok-watch I say this today and I will get slammed with it bc that is what usually happens when I say something like I haven't gotten it yet-Murphy's law!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

EllenMarie wrote:I know...lol...I am thinking I am liking this! Well,until the wrinkles start showing up and hair drying out and turning gray or white then maybe... :shock: Nothing to look forward to hot flashes-Idk if what I went through was the hot flashes people talk about,but I would break out in a terrible sweat(so I am thinking this was it) all of a sudden and of course it would happen at the most awkward moments like during a sterile procedure and I am worrying it will drip down on the field or something!
I think what you described here is what I've heard other people say happen for a "hot flash," the breaking out into a terrible sweat part I mean. One friend says it was hot sweat, then cold, then super hot inside her body, then super cold inside her body. Yeah I really don't look forward to hot flashes, but its worth a chuckle when people complain about having them, then I say I'm looking forward to them just to get warm. :lol:
As for your hair turning gray or white, well I'm already there... not completely but large patches of hair anyhow.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
EllenMarie wrote:I know...lol...I am thinking I am liking this! Well,until the wrinkles start showing up and hair drying out and turning gray or white then maybe... :shock: Nothing to look forward to hot flashes-Idk if what I went through was the hot flashes people talk about,but I would break out in a terrible sweat(so I am thinking this was it) all of a sudden and of course it would happen at the most awkward moments like during a sterile procedure and I am worrying it will drip down on the field or something!
I think what you described here is what I've heard other people say happen for a "hot flash," the breaking out into a terrible sweat part I mean. One friend says it was hot sweat, then cold, then super hot inside her body, then super cold inside her body. Yeah I really don't look forward to hot flashes, but its worth a chuckle when people complain about having them, then I say I'm looking forward to them just to get warm. :lol:
As for your hair turning gray or white, well I'm already there... not completely but large patches of hair anyhow.
I think it is funny when people used to tell me they are having their own personal summer when they had a hot flash! Although I thought my time of month ended for the past two months, I think I am getting it again(we will see if the spotting turns into full fledged!)-sheesh-so maybe I am not in menopause completely yet-darn!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

EllenMarie wrote:sheesh-so maybe I am not in menopause completely yet-darn!
:lol: Sometimes your comments really make me laugh!!