Any One Christmas Plans 2021

Keep the holidays debt-free and sane. Share your tips, and check in with your progress.
Jackielou

Any One Christmas Plans 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Just wondering if anyone has started their Christmas planning? I need some ideas on how to get started this year. I just seem to have lost my get up and go.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Re: Any One Christmas Plans 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackie, I felt the same way but feel better now that I have a plan for gifts at least. I still am unsure about the "feast" but just having the gifts planned out is a huge relief.

* Mom: homemade "wreath" with scratch off tickets, Dollar General gift card
* Dad: same as mom
* Mom and Dad together: basket of clementines and some other fruit - maybe some candies
* DD: $50 Save a Lot gift card, her favorite facial cleanser (it's pricey!), "snack basket" with protein bars, etc.
* DD's significant other: Taco Bell gift card, basket with bag of Starbucks coffee, coffee mug, snacks; flashlight
* DS and DIL: Tractor Supply gift card
*Coworkers: homemade "Christmas Toffee" in pretty tins or boxes

That is it - I don't buy for extended family, friends, neighbors, the postal carrier, etc. I wish we didn't do gifts at work - I hate it, hate it, hate it. I have made it easier by doing the same gift for everyone, putting them all in a common area with a little sign that says "please help yourself - Merry Christmas from Sheila." Last year it was an assortment of cute little hand creams and hand sanitizers - quite appropriate, lol.

I am hoping to cover much of the gift card costs using Amazon gift card rewards - I'm doing MTurk surveys like it's my job!

I don't plan on going to my parent's house or anyplace else for Christmas dinner - but I know we will keep it simple here at home - maybe some homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we'll see what the kiddos want to eat for dinner. It won't be anything extravagant - they like a chicken recipe that I make for them in the slow cooker with cream cheese and ranch dressing mix - maybe that.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So the meals have been planned. Lasagna Christmas Eve with a salad, and the turkey Christmas day. I just have to figure out a time for the Christmas day meal. Mainly because we need to be cleaned up and on the road by 6:30 pm if we are going to the family get together.

I have my gift list and card lists made. Just need to get working on those cards that need to be sent by the end of this month. Also need to get working harder on those gifts I am making as well. There really does not seem to be enough hours in the day to get things completed and the house kept clean.

There is also the sweet treat making list to get started....

Not doing well here at all.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:51 am Jackie, I felt the same way but feel better now that I have a plan for gifts at least. I still am unsure about the "feast" but just having the gifts planned out is a huge relief.

* Mom: homemade "wreath" with scratch off tickets, Dollar General gift card
* Dad: same as mom
* Mom and Dad together: basket of clementines and some other fruit - maybe some candies
* DD: $50 Save a Lot gift card, her favorite facial cleanser (it's pricey!), "snack basket" with protein bars, etc.
* DD's significant other: Taco Bell gift card, basket with bag of Starbucks coffee, coffee mug, snacks; flashlight
* DS and DIL: Tractor Supply gift card
*Coworkers: homemade "Christmas Toffee" in pretty tins or boxes

That is it - I don't buy for extended family, friends, neighbors, the postal carrier, etc. I wish we didn't do gifts at work - I hate it, hate it, hate it. I have made it easier by doing the same gift for everyone, putting them all in a common area with a little sign that says "please help yourself - Merry Christmas from Sheila." Last year it was an assortment of cute little hand creams and hand sanitizers - quite appropriate, lol.

I am hoping to cover much of the gift card costs using Amazon gift card rewards - I'm doing MTurk surveys like it's my job!

I don't plan on going to my parent's house or anyplace else for Christmas dinner - but I know we will keep it simple here at home - maybe some homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we'll see what the kiddos want to eat for dinner. It won't be anything extravagant - they like a chicken recipe that I make for them in the slow cooker with cream cheese and ranch dressing mix - maybe that.
We always give the sons cash as the main big gift, but I always try and make them a few household things as well. I am really behind on that this year and now I have a really good friend asking if I could mend a couple of items for her. You know me I just can't seem to say no to good friends.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I did say no to the friend, but offered to do the sewing for her in the new year.

I have gotten a few gifts made and hopefully a few more tomorrow and Monday.

The knitted blanket for youngest DS will be awhile yet.
Jackie