Extra cash by doing surveys

Find and share ways to earn extra cash. No schemes or scams allowed.
Forum rules
No schemes, scams or advertisements allowed -- just legit ways to make extra money.
alliesmama4

Extra cash by doing surveys

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have been making a lot of extra money by doing surveys. Cannot recommend which ones but if you look you will find them. I have made 10.00 already from one site this month and almost another 10.00 from this same site. I just need a few more points. Sometimes these surveys will ask you to review a product that they send to your home to use. Nice to get free product and extra points for testing them. This past week I received $ 75.00 from a Dr in the St. Louis, Mo area who is doing research on a certain medication for diabetics. I was called once before but my blood sugar was too good. My Dr had just had my A1C performed. Then a couple of months later they called me again to come in just to see what my blood sugar was and to see if I would qualify.I actually decided after reading the paperwork that I did not want to be in the study. The woman doing the workup said, " well at least let me do your blood work ". We will send it to anyone you want and the 75.00 will cover the cost of your gas for today..I said" ok"...be silly not to.. The test were identical plus more of what my Dr had given me an RX for. They said they would send the reports to my DR..Saved insurance money woo hoo..Anyway I still did not qualify but received 75.00 for making the attempt. These little bits here and there are very helpful in stretching my budget. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Re: Extra cash by doing surveys

Post by ErinHuffstetler »

I don't mind if you mention which survey sites you do. That might not have been your reason for not saying, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that :) I just don't want people posting referral links to earn points or money for sign ups. It helps to minimize the spam and ensures that when people give advice it's genuine, rather than designed to make a buck.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Thanks Erin. I will write them down and post them soon.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Thanks Erin. I will write them down and post them soon. The reason I did not post them was I was not sure if that was acceptable. Frankly referring someone else is a pain in the caboose to me. Would rather give them the site and them do it on their own..

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I do surveys on mysurvey.com I got $130 in rewards last year but it is unpredictable and time-consuming. Still it's nice to go into CVS with a $10 e-gift card and get a bunch of "free" stuff once a month or so. They have also sent full-size shampoo & conditioner and make-up samples to try and report on.

I did get some nice $10 Amazon gift certs from doing professional surveys this year, also won $25 Amazon gift in a "cutest pet" photo contest by getting friends and dog club members to "vote" on facebook for my dog.

Last year I won $250 Amazon gift cert by signing up for the survey on the Safeway receipt! I was so skeptical when they contacted me but it turned out to be true! I still get surveys from them occasionally.

I joined the Ocean Spray "club" and they recently sent me 2 bottles of cranberry juice to sample and complete a survey on. So that was 2 free bottles of juice.
Janet9

Post by Janet9 »

Here's a good thread to jump right back in on. Over the past couple of years I feel like I have been raking it in on some of the survey sites. Ipos-Isay is a great site and besides getting paid in points that you cash in for a check or rewards they sometimes do great product tests. I just received a good name brand knife block set to keep for testing one, besides being paid for doing the test, and over the past year have done hair color, makeup and other product tests.

mypoints is a great site. I know I've heard complaints about how the rewards cost more and how it's hard getting a survey, but if you have the time you can rake in points everyday from watching videos from their site and doing searches.

Kelloggs Family Rewards is changing again but I usually end up with at least a magazine subscription every year for entering their codes.

Old Orchard has a game program on their site where you earn points for free juice or other rewards.

I do MTurk thru Amazon and nope I won't get rich quick but I save the earnings and cash in once a year for Christmas shopping.

I find that if you spend a little time each day the earnings add up. Janet