2022- Year of Multiple Challenges

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Momof2Still

Re: 2022- Year of Multiple Challenges

Post by Momof2Still »

Update to my goals:

1- Eat down the pantry -by July- not much progress due to being sicker this month than I been in years
2- Eat the freezer(s) and fridge empty-By July- no-I have added some fruits and veggies in order to keep them from going bad due to not cooking while I was sick.
3- Exercise 5 times a week (building up to 1 hour daily minimum)- all year- no, but I have lost about 10 lbs.
4- Sorting and getting rid of storage area-by June-came to a stand still for a few weeks, but back to it now.
5- Only spend for essential items-through July and hopefully beyond- no problems with this one.
6- Eat healthy 5 days a week/homemade treat on weekends -up to Thanksgiving- no problem with this one since eating was not the most desirable event lately.
7-Posting regularly- all year (I read almost daily, but got out of the habit of posting)- not at all

Just before school started back, I had the cycle from H- it has been years since I had one this painful. I did manage to go back to work when school started, but as soon as I got home, I took care of the animals, the essential housework, and got ready for bed. Eating, exercising, and going on-line was just not happening. That weekend, I started running a fever, was exhausted, runny/stuffy nose and ended up having to leave work due to one student in my classroom testing positive for Covid and me having symptoms (been vaccinated, boostered, and I wear a mask when near anyone including my students). Then I started having severe stomach issues, and while I did not have Covid (3 tests came up negative), I did have a sinus infection and an ear infection- again not up to doing anything other than just the basics. I did purchase meds and a few prepared main meal items and supplemented them with easy items on hand to get through the last few weeks. Unfortunately,I threw out a bag of red onions and a part of a cantaloupe a few days ago since I started feeling better and had the energy to do something besides surviving. I also froze some other fruits and veggies to use later. I am finally feeling much better and can now get back on track with my yearly goals. I pulled out a partial bag of shrimp, a partial bag of catfish, a package of chicken legs, a container of turkey and gravy, a container of cornbread dressing, and a container of turkey pot pie with mashed potato topping (all containers were food frozen from Thanksgiving), and a package of greens, so will figure out what to make food wise for the week using those items. Off to do some housework, catch up on grading and recording student work, and hopefully read some of the forum I missed over the last few weeks.
alliesmama4

Re: 2022- Year of Multiple Challenges

Post by alliesmama4 »

Momof2Still wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:20 am Update to my goals:

1- Eat down the pantry -by July- not much progress due to being sicker this month than I been in years
2- Eat the freezer(s) and fridge empty-By July- no-I have added some fruits and veggies in order to keep them from going bad due to not cooking while I was sick.
3- Exercise 5 times a week (building up to 1 hour daily minimum)- all year- no, but I have lost about 10 lbs.
4- Sorting and getting rid of storage area-by June-came to a stand still for a few weeks, but back to it now.
5- Only spend for essential items-through July and hopefully beyond- no problems with this one.
6- Eat healthy 5 days a week/homemade treat on weekends -up to Thanksgiving- no problem with this one since eating was not the most desirable event lately.
7-Posting regularly- all year (I read almost daily, but got out of the habit of posting)- not at all

Just before school started back, I had the cycle from H- it has been years since I had one this painful. I did manage to go back to work when school started, but as soon as I got home, I took care of the animals, the essential housework, and got ready for bed. Eating, exercising, and going on-line was just not happening. That weekend, I started running a fever, was exhausted, runny/stuffy nose and ended up having to leave work due to one student in my classroom testing positive for Covid and me having symptoms (been vaccinated, boostered, and I wear a mask when near anyone including my students). Then I started having severe stomach issues, and while I did not have Covid (3 tests came up negative), I did have a sinus infection and an ear infection- again not up to doing anything other than just the basics. I did purchase meds and a few prepared main meal items and supplemented them with easy items on hand to get through the last few weeks. Unfortunately,I threw out a bag of red onions and a part of a cantaloupe a few days ago since I started feeling better and had the energy to do something besides surviving. I also froze some other fruits and veggies to use later. I am finally feeling much better and can now get back on track with my yearly goals. I pulled out a partial bag of shrimp, a partial bag of catfish, a package of chicken legs, a container of turkey and gravy, a container of cornbread dressing, and a container of turkey pot pie with mashed potato topping (all containers were food frozen from Thanksgiving), and a package of greens, so will figure out what to make food wise for the week using those items. Off to do some housework, catch up on grading and recording student work, and hopefully read some of the forum I missed over the last few weeks.

Momof2, Sorry to hear how sick you were. Good to hear you are doing better.

Congrats on the weight loss. Although some of it might have been due to being so sick. You might have lost some of it the hard way.

The leftover foods you pulled out of the freezer sound yummy. Hope you are back up to full speed soon. Take care.
Janet Alliesmama