December's No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
blondeinbuffalo

Re: December's No Spend Challenge

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

So far so good, 18 days into the month. Lots of small little expenses related to the holdiays coming up. year end budget should be ok and on the mark. have a slush fund for emergencies so that helps. medical bills were high this year. may have a new years day brunch. thinking about it as most of our friends are the same age or older and really don't go out and party on new years eve. this way we can kick off the new year together. I will be needing brunch ideas! cj
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

CJ I was thinking of doing a New Year's day block party until DH told me he was WORKING! So that was the end of that. Maybe I will do a fill-the-freezer cooking & baking marathon instead!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Yesterday and today have been no spend days so I have reached 13 for the month so far. Hoping tomorrow will be no spend as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Today has been another no spend day. I am now up to 14 days this month. Monday should be no spend, and the same with a few other days this coming week. It looks like I will hit that goal of 18 this month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

my plans for the last 10 days of december is 9 no spend. just will need to gas up the car and that is about it. january I am going to get serious and keep a journal. I was going to get vitamins this week at cvs at buy one get 50% off the other but I will wait for a buy one get one. usually vitamins go on sale in january so I hope this is the case in 2016. freezer, refrig, pantry is all full to the max. will use what I have! all bills are paid and that always feels good too. cj
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have 13 days so far. Will have to take the middle cat to the vet for his shots around about Dec. 26 and do one small milk & produce grocery trip, but that's all the planned spending from here to the New Year.
Mackie