December's No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
AuntBridget

Re: December's No Spend Challenge

Post by AuntBridget »

Well I knew this month was going to be a struggle.

So far I have had two no spend days. I didn't want to go near a store on Christmas eve ( too many years in retail) And then of course with Christmas, most things were closed, and I wouldn't have gone to any of the stores that are open, as I just don't think it is right.... people can live 1 day without having to go to the store. It is called, planning ahead.

As of right now I have no plans to go anywhere other than maybe out to my mom's house tomorrow, so should be a no spend day as well.
Aunt Bridget
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We had a no spending streak of five consecutive days, but it was broken today when DH and I had to go to the hardware store for light bulbs, laminate floor cleaner and furnace filters. I used a coupon for $7 off $35, so that helped.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Still sitting at 17 for the month. Today was Church envelope day. Tomorrow and Tuesday should be no spend. Do have to get out on the 30th or 31st to pay the last two bills and get our spending money for the next two weeks.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Well hubby and I ended up going shopping yesterday ( he needed filters for the fish tank) And of course he got the wrong ones. I asked him before we left, if he knew what size he needed < eye roll>

While we were at Walmart,we picked up some eggnog. I get the full strength stuff and then mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with skim milk. I got two containers as I have been told you can freeze it. With part of it I want to try some eggnog french toast.

Today however will be a no spend day as I have no intentions what so ever of going anywhere.

Tomorrow my only plan is to take Peter to his group meeting and to see my mom, unless of course they cancel his meeting....Then I will again stay home.

Aunt Bridget
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

No spend today so I have made it to 18 days so far this month. Hoping to get a few more under my belt.

Tomorrow looks like a spend day as Hubby wants to take me out for supper for my birthday..... I turn 60!!! Yikes, where did the years go????
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I somehow have managed 18 days too. Amazing!
Mackie