Using It All Up And Recycle Challenge For December

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
LWolfT

Re: Using It All Up And Recycle Challenge For December

Post by LWolfT »

My DH came up with a good idea for transport/storage of the outdoor Christmas lights.

We have several of those inexpensive foam coolers that get beat up pretty quickly ... he put each light set in a cooler -- very easy to carry outside without knocking the lights against something, or dropping them. We're thinking it might be a better way to store them, too.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Bridget can you keep the canisters and use for organizers? Or might they attract bugs?

I'm sewing a skirt from gifted wool fabric. This time I remembered to check for holes BEFORE I cut out the pattern. I managed to avoid 2 small holes that way.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I used up a lot of bits and pieces for a salad this weekend. last of the romaine, last avacado, last tomato, bits or green pepper, chopped up the last of the black olives. it was good and filling. dh did not like the look of it so I ate it on sat and sun. when shopping at save a lot on saturday and got some more fresh produce. their grapes looked terrible so I left them there. got lots of groceries for $138 so I was pleased. we should be good until January 1st, with the exception of fresh produce. cj
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

We used up a few things yesterday.

The leftover ribs and rice was eaten for supper. The few remaining ribs and the little rice that was left was packaged up for Hubby to have for lunch today.

Hubby ate the last of a box of cereal and I have pulled the next one from the stash.

Working on using up yarn, but it seems to be slow going right now. I am using almost a lace weight yarn to knit this sweater and a single ball goes a long way.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT wrote:Of course that means you'll have to leave the mirror behind if you should sell the house ;)
Yeah, we would, but it was an inexpensive mirror and wouldn't be a hardship to leave behind. :)
Mackie
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I was decluttering my hutch and "found" a large roll of white wrapping paper. so I will use this to wrap gifts this year and just add some red or green ribbon and a bow. I have plenty of ribbon and bows so one less expense this year. trying really hard to use up food as we go. dh is very social and is out for more meals. so I am cooking less and trying to manage the leftovers as best I can. I find as I get older my appetite is not as big as it once was. just started to tackle the basement and organizing and cleaning it. this is a rather big project! will be donating the extras to amvets. going to move some dishes to the basement and if not used within 12 months, those will be my next donation. went on freecycle, looking for a metal king size headboard. hoping for free! fingers crossed! I have not had any luck so far but will keep trying. I was going to make a headboard but I was afraid it would look homemade. cj