Magnificient March Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Magnificient March Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

In my case this month will be a shorter than usual challenge, however now more then ever I need to use things up and recycle what I can.

Our fridge needs to be fairly empty when we leave on holiday, and I want to get started on recycling some items that Hubby is pulling out of his closet. Of course what is in excellent shape will be donated, but usually by the time he culls his clothing, t-shirts are paint spattered and not suitable. The heavier shirts will be cut to be used in a rug I am going to start on this spring or summer, and the others will be cut into rags.

Then of course there will be the usual recycling of scrap fabric into usable quilting materials.

Does anyone care to join in?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
snowangel729

Re: Magnificient March Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by snowangel729 »

I can attempt this challenge haha, I am never good at this one though.. especially since I get so picky this last trimester.

I wanna use up all my foods in my fridge so I am not tossing away so much of my fresh veggies. I always end up tossing them.. almost half of them. I just never feel up to eating them
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am in. I have been using a lot of my pantry and freezer items but did recently buy some fresh veggies and dairy to help.Janet Alliesmama.
Janet Alliesmama
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I am in (again). I really do need to get the the store and get some proteins. I have been using them all up these past two months so time to shop! this morning I am eating up the leftover spaghetti and meatballs, have one more portion left after this and will have it tomorrow for breakfast. will make some kind of soup this weekend to use up some veggies I have. want to keep the grocery bill down this month to $150 for the two of us. cj
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So my use it ups so far this month include:

The last can of vegetable soup that oldest DS wanted when he was home last summer.

A couple of spools of thread that I removed the tiny bit left and wound on some cardboard cut from paper rolls. Perfect size to take on our trip in case of button loss or a hem coming down. The large spools were put in the recycle bin.

Hubby recycled parts of his old fish finder into something he can perhaps use when ice fishing next year.

Planning on seeing if we can sell the other wireless router and the printer we removed from the desk on the Garage Sale site. Haven't really had much luck but will try once again. So kind of an upcoming recycle I hope.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am sorting through things and will be taking a lot of items to Good Will. Some things I do give to my caregiver.. We are not suppose to do that but I talked to my family and to the office and they said if it is something you want to donate to Good Will that is ok. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama