Magnificient March Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
blondeinbuffalo

Re: Magnificient March Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Eating the last of the stir fry with chicken, asparagus and brown rice for breakfast. did not drink my smoothie yesterday so I will today. going to stay home for dinner and make some baked salmon and two sides. need to make room for my schwans order as it is coming tonight between 5 and 7. cj
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Used up the mac n cheese, the last little bit of grilling beans, some tomatoes that were going bad and some pickles for lunch. Gonna use up some of the veggies that are going bad in the fridge tomorrow for a salad. Also use up the chopped ham in the fridge for pintos tomorrow. I started working on a project for a friend which uses some yarn I got really cheap and didn't know what to do with.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have done well on using up with most things, but had a couple of failures: a small bag of Dole mango-carrot frozen fruit went into the trash because it had a weird fishy taste when made into a smoothie (yuck!) and I tossed the last of a bag of cat food that the cats just hated. I tried fooling them by mixing it with their preferred brand, and they would eat only the good parts and leave the rest in the bowl.
Mackie
11cats2beagles

Post by 11cats2beagles »

S.O. has been the one doing the use-ups recently and he's doing a good job. He made a great soup the other night - a creamy vegetable soup - using a whole bunch of leftover bits and blobs and some milk about to expire. It was so good that I took leftovers to work the next day.

I did save some cabbage and carrots and turn them into homemade veggie egg rolls. I also saved the fryer oil in jars for the next use.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

I've been doing some use-ups from the freezer.
Pulled out small bags of frozen pineapple and mango and turned them into muffins a couple of weeks ago. Last night, I found a bag of frozen grated zucchini and used that to make zucchini bread.
DH made a batch of salad croutons from some stale bread ...
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I have to use up some persian cucumbers so today I will pack them sliced with hummus for lunch. eating up the last of the fresh polish sausage for breakfast. it is so much better than the smoked! did my usual weekly clean out and organization of the refrig. had to chop and freeze some celery but nothing had to be tossed! dh is going out for dinner tonight so I am going to doctor some canned beef stew with extra veggies and add some more meat to it as well, not much meat in the beef stew! so that will be dinner tonight and lunch for tuesday and maybe wednesday. cj