Awesome April No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Awesome April No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

From now through April 30th will be no spend except for allowable. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Today was another no spend day. I have reached 15 so far this month. I have my fingers crossed that I can finish off this month strong.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Finished off the month with another no spend day putting me at 16 for the month. One over my goal. Hoping for another good month in May.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I did very well this month. I stayed in my budget and only went off for a few essentials not planed for. ie medications and some food on sale. However they were acceptable exceptions. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I did well this month too: 20 no-spend days and the only budget category with overage was pet medical, due to our bigger dachshund being diagnosed with arthritis.

May is going to be a month of heavy-duty health care spending, though. DH and I both have dental check-ups (his will be expensive), he needs an annual physical, and the little dachshund will have her annual check-up with shots and be micro-chipped. Plus, DS comes off our insurance, so we'll have to start paying for that. So I have cut spending in all non-health areas in May to help pay for that.
Mackie