August's Amazing No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: August's Amazing No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

I had another no spend day. That makes 6 for the month. Goal is 8. Looks good.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Today was a no spend one so I am up to 10 for the month. Tomorrow is bill paying and meds pick up. I am hoping that the next three days will be no spend to get me that little bit closer to my goal this month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

August so far has been very very spendy. now we are at mid month and I have to pull back! overbudget on the flooring for the porch, kitchen, hallway and bathroom. got an upgrade and it will look soooo good. so I will say it is worth it. too much take out! had to burn off the new oven for 45 minutes yesterday. new appliances are looking good. I did change to stainless steel. not so happy with the smudging but it comes with that problem, and I knew about it ahead of time. dh wanted stainless and he was right, it looks better.

lots of cleaning this weekend. I caught up on everything. that felt good and I diy a lot of the cleaning products. I did have to buy some stainless steel cleaner and I already had the micro fiber towels. so, need to use what I have in the freezer, pack better lunches to cut down on take out/dining out and drink more water! cj
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

blondeinbuffalo wrote:August so far has been very very spendy. now we are at mid month and I have to pull back! overbudget on the flooring for the porch, kitchen, hallway and bathroom. got an upgrade and it will look soooo good. so I will say it is worth it. too much take out! had to burn off the new oven for 45 minutes yesterday. new appliances are looking good. I did change to stainless steel. not so happy with the smudging but it comes with that problem, and I knew about it ahead of time. dh wanted stainless and he was right, it looks better.

lots of cleaning this weekend. I caught up on everything. that felt good and I diy a lot of the cleaning products. I did have to buy some stainless steel cleaner and I already had the micro fiber towels. so, need to use what I have in the freezer, pack better lunches to cut down on take out/dining out and drink more water! cj
cj I know how easy it is to go over budget when working on house projects. However in the long run it will make you feel so much better. My house is my sanctuary and as long as I have that I am content with what I have to deal with in life. Enjoy!
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have not spent anything over the week-end or today. I will have to buy some fresh lemons tomorrow in order to make my peach jam. I already have the jars, sugar and free peaches so the expense will be minimal to make the jam. Other than the lemons I should be no spend the rest of the week. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

you are right Janet! I have to remember that my home is my santuary and enjoy it. $1000 over budget is nothing compared to that. I also got some new candles and incense to enjoy as well. cj