Devoring December Use It up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Devoring December Use It up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

We are all going to have lots to use up this month, so lets push ourselves to make this the best of getting our money's worth this year.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
11cats2beagles

Re: Devoring December Use It up and Recycle Challenge

Post by 11cats2beagles »

Count me in! Tonight for supper I used up some more of our free stash of peanut butter - the kids get it free at school - a full size jar every week. Used some of our supply of S.O.'s homemade grape jelly and free bread that S.O. brought home from one of his shops. Used the last of a 5 lb. bag of tater tots and a can of free mandarin oranges - so very frugal meal for kiddo and I.

I put the last of this morning's coffee into a jar in the frige - will microwave it in the morning.

Used the last of a 13 lb. bag of cat food and re-purposed the empty bag as a kitchen garbage bag. When it gets full I will just staple the top closed.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I am in too! zero to no waste is the goal of time, resources and whatever else I left out! year end budget will balance if I spend wisely and use what I have from the pantry. my goal is to only buy fresh produce for the rest of the month. I loaded up on holiday stuff so we are set!
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I'm in! Today was clean out the bathroom day. I was surprised to see how many half filled or quarter filled bottles of lotion that was stored in the bathroom. I had an empty large pump bottle that Wen shampoo had come in and I took all of those bottles and emptied them into the large pump bottle. I want have to buy lotion for probably a year. I had tubes of other body cream that I have placed them in a basket where they will be in plain sight and will start cutting them so I can use up every bit of the lotion.

I've shared this tip before here, but cut the end of the tube off and then store it in a ziploc bag to keep it from drying out until you use it up. I do this with every thing, including toothpaste.

I used up the remainder of the minced garlic in a batch of hummus, used the remainder of the ketchup, adding a little water to add to my vegetable soup I made. Finished baking up the rest of the cookie from a roll of chocolate chip dough that I had in the freezer.

I had a 1/2 roll of sausage and I cooked that and will use for pizza topping. Even found one hamburger pattie in the freezer and I thawed that and added the hamburger in with the sausage. We always make a big pizza for New Years.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Gifted red fabric is enough to make 2 dinner-size napkins that will go with my green & red placemats for the holidays. Just need hemming.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

December 1 and 2 saw us using up leftovers in the fridge for lunches or suppers.

I have also finally used up the tube of hand lotion. I have pulled the next tube out of the basket I have been using to hold all the creams and lotions I have collected over the years.

Supper tonight will see us using up the Zucchini Pork Bake. I also plan on slicing up some onion, green pepper, and some leftover potatoes to have as a side. I need to use up some pickles that I sliced awhile ago as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/