Projects for 2017

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Projects for 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Any one have projects they want to list for the upcoming year?

I am only listing the big ones, not my little monthly goals. You might also notice that some of these are carry overs from last year (mostly due to the darn furnace installation taking so long).

1. Remainder of furnace venting.

2. Complete reno of flooded basement (partially completed) so we can get our stuff out of storage.

3. Build new front steps with a bit of a deck.

4. Build a garage/workshop.

Those are the 4 biggies for this year. Hope we get them all done this time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Heloise

Re: Projects for 2017

Post by Heloise »

Our projects are a continued work in progress, and with a tight budget we don't get to enjoy seeing a lot of change or improvement from year to year, but we do our best to see little dreams through, and as for the rest, we hope to see those things to fruition in the not so distant future.

One thing we'd really like to try and accomplish this year is a walkway on the side of our house. It's always so muddy and dirty and a walkway would eliminate a lot of the mess that get's tracked in and out and all around.

Another project is to plant another handful of upright conifers out back to help liven-up the yard, but before we can plant more trees we need to tackle a few other jobs in order to design the layout of the plantings properly.

Everything takes time, but with a renewed sense of hope of good things to come once spring peeks it's head out again in a few months, we're hoping to better our home and yard a little bit more. Steady incremental steps is the key with us.
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

I would really like to paint every room in the house....well okay, maybe not my office/craft room as I'm still okay with it.

Before I can paint our bedroom (the one that BIL just moved out of) and the front bathroom (they share a wall) I need to tear out said wall, at least 3 feet up to replace drywall, where there was water damage. While we are working on that I want to replace the toilet in that room. The plumber who was here this past year said he was pretty sure it was original with the house 1952. And also need to remove the vanity due to water damage.....while all of that is out, I want to lay down some flooring that we bought on sale this past summer. I don't plan to replace the vanity, but to support the sink with legs, and then make a curtain to go around it....will also make matching curtain for the window.

I want to plant a garden again this year...and this time not leave so much room between rows and get more produce in so I can get more produce out. I will also be moving it a bit to take advantage of softer ground.

I also want to do some more landscaping of our yard. Have the items already purchased it is a matter of actually doing the work.
Aunt Bridget
RecoveringDreamer

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

I have one manageable project...and one huge one.

First we want to finish my step daughter's room. She turns 18 in 39 weeks. She may live with us for awhile, but even if she doesn't, we want to have a permanent place for her when she visits. So, what I need to do with that room: paint the walls and trim, paint the ceiling (there are a couple stains and some paint spots), assemble the bed (DH got a trundle bed kit at auction for $40 and a mattress from his boss for $10, both new), put up bookcases, and decorate (I'm going for a library theme, with book page accents).

The biggie: Get the entire house organized. We started working in earnest on this in the last few weeks. We want to get everything cleaned out and organized. Trucker has been working on the living room and I've been working on the kitchen.
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I have a few from last year!

paint garage doors and porch railing burgundy.

redo floor in bedroom downstairs, using the bag method. I hope it works, looks great on facebook.

keep home decluttered all the time and organized.

travel more and have more fun!
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Interesting on the paper bag floors. I had never heard of this. They look interesting and certainly seem inexpensive if you are doing the labor yourself! Enjoy.