Projects for 2017

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Lovie

Re: Projects for 2017

Post by Lovie »

I plan to get some sewing done, although i haven't decided which project takes priority. I wanted to finish a long grey tunic for halloween that is already cut out. Also I need to put strips in to the sides of a t shirt that is too small in the arms (or just let out the armholes.) I need to make a top that is black since i gave away the one black 3/4 sleeve black t shirt I had since it did not fit me right. I have two t shirts in heavy polyester or synthetic knit that I don't know what to do with, as I made them and am not happy with them. Then there is the cut off t shirt bottoms I should do something with. I did promise a plus size friend that I would make a skirt for her out of the leftover grey material.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Well, it is November and October was spent 1) finding all the things I put away safely from the hurricane. 2) getting the Irma damaged tree gone at a cost of $3k. Ouch. So I now have to work on getting a winter garden in. Not in the plan.

But I am clearing the fence line for the future hedge. So that project may still make the December 31 deadline.The others less likely.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

1 more month in the year. I looked back at my list:
1. Replace blinds & curtains - not done. Probably won't get done in December either. One of these days....
2. Remodel main bath - not done. I postponed this due to job & money worries. Will revisit in 2018 assuming the "new" job works out well this winter/spring.
3. Azaleas - bought and planted 2 small ones but that was all.
4. Use fabrics - Have worked on making small quilts this year, I have completed 6. Have not made garments but I don't NEED more clothing.

Stuff not on the list that I DID accomplish:
5. "Patio" area under the backyard deck. Really pleased that it looks so much nicer and is more usable than before. Will do a bit more landscaping in 2018.
6. Completed basic disaster response training offered by the county. That was 2 nights/week all during October so a big time commitment. They offer more training but usually single-night things such as first aid and CPR. I will take 2 of those in December.
7. Stayed employed. Got surprised early in the year when owners of the place I worked for 12 years retired and sold their business. I left that business at the end of June, went to a new job with more pay and benefits. Did not like job #2 and applied for and was offered a new job #3 that I will start on Dec 4. Sure hope job #3 is a "keeper".
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

You did well.

I do hope the new job is a keeper as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

The front door is ordered and should be installed before the end of the year. Final cost was $1200. Still it was on the project list and it will be done. Have not done any more with the window. On 2018 list.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Well, I've officially given up on 2017 and the projects I had promised myself that I'd complete. jeesh...

When the time comes, I'll redo my list and try to get going then. 2017 was a real no-go. The first part of the year had me on my recliner taking anti-inflammatories for my joints and a major part of mid-year until now had me recovering from a total knee replacement at the end of June. Rehab for the knee was a long and arduous thing. I have two kinds of arthritis from neck to toes so the therapists had to go slowly so as to not injure other parts of my body. This has NOT been a pleasant year for me.

Hubby is officially retiring on January 2nd and I'm hoping he'll be a willing helper with some of my bigger projects - he usually is a good helper but is easily distracted!!! Think: "Oh, look. I haven't seen this for ages. Where can we put it?" My two suggestions usually don't fly. Such as the trash can or a charity bin!!!

Enough moaning and groaning!!! Gotta go get busy. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17