January No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
AuntBridget

Re: January No Spend Challenge

Post by AuntBridget »

I am going to call this a little spend day.....LOL

When I got off from work, I was so worn out that I went to the teacher's lounge and bought myself a bottle of Mt. Dew....so can't claim a no spend, BUT, I am still proud of myself, because I really wanted to say, what the heck....it is already a spend day, I think Peter and I should just go out to eat, cause I don't feel like going home and cooking a meal.

Instead....I came home, did a few chores, like take the garbage out to the curb, write out a few bills, and gathered my library books....Then I got in my car, took the bills to the post office to be mailed, and dropped the library books off in their drop box, and then came straight home and made spaghetti and meat sauce for Peter and I.

So even though it was a spend day.. $1.50 is a whole lot better than the $15.00 or more it could have been had I given into the urge to go out to dinner. So still a win !
Aunt Bridget
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I agree completely with your reasoning. You probably needed the caffeine to get the rest of those chores done!

Today I stopped at PetSmart and got a free bag of cat food w/ a coupon they emailed me. I also bought a new cat litter scoop because the old one broke Sunday night. DH is away and I have cat litter duty all week. Not going to improvise.....
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I'm way behind here. Wednesday last week was the last day I posted. Wednesday I did attend my friend's moving sale & bought (all of her) yeast. Her containers of baking soda, baking powder, & cornstarch were smaller than I'd thought, but I got several anyhow. I also bought a never used Food Saver including the parts to seal canning jars, 2 large boxes of yarn, and a thread holder with 3 shelves of serger thread.

So for Wednesday...
Spend days: 1
Allowable Spend days: 6
No-spend days (want 15): 11

Thursday I did my usual weekend shopping, as I was going to be gone from home during the week's end.

So for Thursday...
Allowable Spend days: 7

Friday I paid my fees for attending the knitting/spinning retreat, bought my dinner that night -- both within budget, and also bought yarn & unspun wool from 2 new friends I met at retreat.

So for Friday...
Allowable Spend days: 8

Saturday and Sunday were no-spend days.

So...
Allowable Spend days: 8
No-spend days (want 15): 13

Yesterday, I bought GF tortillas at Walmart, as well as gifts for dd3's birthday, and Dh's birthday. I'd originally planned to buy them on this Friday on payday, but I was alone so took advantage of that, and am calling it an allowed spend day. I also paid lunch money into all school children's accounts.

So...
Allowable Spend days: 9

I went grocery shopping this morning, I don't know why I didn't just get everything I needed yesterday, except that perhaps because I'd not taken my grocery ca$h with me. My total was $32 and a bit.

So...
Allowable Spend days: 10

Wednesday and Thursday will be no-spend days. I may buy ice cream & balloons on Friday for dd3's birthday (plus weekend milk, fruit & bread), so Saturday and Sunday should also be no-spend days. Thursday will give me my 15 no-spend days, but I want to see how many total I can get this month.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Allowable Spend Days: 6

Spend Days: 0

No Spend Days: 18

Monday was no spend and today will be as well. Things seem to be slowly but surely getting me to my goal for this month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Well, I managed the week-end for no spending, but I had warned ya'll that I might have to buy me some mesh containers for my kitchen silverware drawer. Well, they fit and I bought them. They came out of my miscellaneous budget for the house, but I am counting as a spend day for I hadn't planned to buy them this month. I am loving them all ready. They are exactly what I needed to hold my stainless steel tableware and I'm happy with the outcome.

So my record is:

3 Spend days
3 Allowable Days
18 No Spends
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Today I took the time to make myself a to go mug of hot chocolate this morning.

Then I came home after work and took a nap....went and picked Peter up from his group, and came straight home.

So today is another NO SPEND day......wooo hooo.

10+2= 12 no spend days so far in January !!
Aunt Bridget