January No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: January No Spend Challenge

Post by gaylejackson2 »

It's hubby's birthday and he wants me to go buy him a carrot raisin cake, but.... I don't want to go anywhere, and I have carrots, raisins and enough GF baking mix to make him a cake.

So...
Spend days: 1
Allowable Spend days: 10
No-spend days (want 15): 14

Tomorrow & Saturday were supposed to be no-spend days, but we may be going to SLC on Friday afternoon to spend the night so we can watch ds14 at the state wrestling tournaments on Saturday. We'd have to eat out (though dh tends to take care of that), but if we're going to be in the city, then I WILL buy GF Flour, as there's no reason to make another trip back there in 1-2 weeks.
So tomorrow we'd be celebrating dd3's (aka Baby E) 4th birthday, and I did promise to buy her purple frosting for her cake & balloons, both of which I can swing in my last $12 of this week's grocery budget (so I can save $10 for my Italy trip next spring).
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Gayle, I have no idea of how you do all you do for your family.

I had a wonderful easy day and did my grocery shopping, as a matter of fact haven't been home very long. I was worn out trying to dodge people who can't even push a shopping cart straight. Sometimes, I really wonder about people's manners.

Anyhow, got it done and when I finish this post I am going to the kitchen and do all my prep work for my meals for the coming week. I want to see if that will make me eat healthier and spend less time in the kitchen.

Today I spent money, which was allowable. I didn't do to bad came in under $50.00 at $48.02 and got lots of fruits, veggies and milk. I bought coconut milk for my smoothies and 2% to drink.

So this is my record so far this month:

3 Spend days
4 Allowable Days
18 No Spends
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Allowable Spend Days: 6

Spend Days: 0

No Spend Days: 19

Getting very close to my goal for the month. Tomorrow should be no spend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be allowable spend days.

I am hoping to have Monday and Tuesday of next week as no spend.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I didn't stick my nose out of the house today, so temptation to spend my hard earned dollars. The weather hasn't improved, just darker and gloomier. So glad I didn't have to go anywhere today, nice quiet uneventful day at home.

My record so far this month is:

3 Spend Days
4 Allowable Day
19 No Spend Days

Unless something major comes up I should have 24 No Spend Days this month. I don't need any groceries and except for going to church on Sunday that will be the only day I'm out. I pay my tithe on the first of the month all at one time.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Allowable Spend Days: 6

Spend Days: 0

No Spend Days: 20

I feel safe saying today has been a no spend day, it is almost 7 pm and time to curl up in my chair and continue with my knitting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I am going stir crazy, haven't been out of the house in 2 days, but I haven't spent any money. Yah

I'm glad I'm well stocked for the weatherman is predicting freezing temps and perhaps snow for tomorrow night. We were suppose to have a social tomorrow night, but got an e-mail that it's been canceled because of maybe bad weather. It was a pot-luck so glad I hadn't made my cheese ball, as it would have been a lot for me to eat alone. I don"t know how well it would have frozen.

So, my record is:

3 Spend Days
4 Allowable Day
21 No Spend Days

Jackie, sorry you had to cancel your stocking trip, but you were wise to do that if the roads were that bad. Not worth it.