Use it Up/Recycle Challenge for January

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
AuntBridget

Re: Use it Up/Recycle Challenge for January

Post by AuntBridget »

Put on a big crock pot of pork and vegetable soup. This used up the left over pork chops and drippings from crock pot pork chops from last week. I also used up some pork juice that I had in the freezer. Added the last of my green top onions, a bag of frozen peas and carrots, barley, lentils, celery, potatoes. I added some water to a mostly empty bottle of Dorothy Lynch salad dressing and poured that in there as well.

I just put the cooled crock pot into the fridge for the night, and in the morning I will skim off the extra fat and then add some pasta, beans and cook it again tomorrow.
Aunt Bridget
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

So today's use it up include the last of a loaf of caraway rye bread, and the last of the block cheese that I cut up earlier in the week. I made this into a yummy grilled cheese sandwich for my lunch that I had with end of a bag of veggie straws.

Use up the rest of a pound of butter in making dinner. I added some to my roasted root veggies, which used up a bag of carrots and a bag of parsnips, a turnip, 3 small potatoes, and an onion. And then some of it I used to make my chocolate cherry cobbler. The cobbler also used up a can of cherry pie filling. Dinner also used up the last of a bowl of salad greens that I had in the fridge.

We are supposed to receive some yucky weather overnight, so the plan is to stay home tomorrow. This should lead to more using up.
Aunt Bridget
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I have used up a few items over the past few days:

Used up a loaf of homemade bread.

Used up all the bread crumbs (need to make some more).

Used up the leftover turkey frozen at Christmas.

Used up the last of the pork stir fry.

Used up the small sliver of homemade bar soap.

Used up the real bacon bits.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Goodness and Mercy!!!!! I used up the last of the bread and the last of the coffee this morning - I will be making a pit stop at the store on the way to drop the kiddos off at a birthday party this afternoon.

To be out of coffee and bread...ACK!!!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Finished the last of the homemade chicken noodle soup. Used up a the last slices of cheese from cheddar cheese and pepperjack using gf crackers. Making vegetable beef soup with two small sirloin steaks. They were free from Omaha steaks. Used a large container of broth, a can of green beans, can of corn and a pint jar of tomatoes that were free from a garden this past summer. My care taker brought me the fresh tomatoes. Another one of her clients had too many and he told her to take them to her other client. Very nice have several more jars in the freezer. There were too many to eat fresh. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Used the last frozen pizza that we had from a "stash" of six that we purchased on sale and using coupons for $11 by combining a store sale with coupons. Used the last two homemade cinnamon rolls from the freezer for the kids' for breakfast this morning.