February No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: February No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:Janet,

I'm like you, love watching them on PBS and can't believe I'm going to be able to see them in person. My friend, in Alabama is a member of a pretty large senior's club and he sets up the trips for their club. He lost his wife about 2 years ago and this gives him something to keep him busy. I tell him all the time he should be running his own travel agency he enjoys traveling and doing these trips so much.

He use to live here before his wife got sick and they moved to be closer to his youngest daughter. She had alzheimer's and he took care of her until the day she died. He's a good man and he always includes myself and two other friends from here when he's planning trips. We are going on a 5 day cruise the last week in August with his group. it costs us a little more than the club members, but we are happy to pay the little extra to be included.
I am happy for you that you are able to take these trips.. My Mom did a lot of traveling in her later years. She enjoyed them so much..I am lucky that when I was younger I was able to take so many trips..Now I cannot do them but wish you well in yours. Although Becky O is an inspiration that she goes so much even with having to use her scooter.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Janet, BeckyO does wonderfully with her scooter. I'm so glad that she has someone to travel with her otherwise she wouldn't be able to go alone, I don't think they would let her.

Been a rainy day here, but it cleared up this afternoon. one more day in my garage and I will have all my organizing done.

I got my checks off to the appropriate people today and that was all the money I spent today. Made another run to Goodwill and will take the rest of the trash off tomorrow when I go grocery shopping.

So far this month:

2 Spend Days
3 Allowable Day
17 No Spend Days

I think I am going to be real happy when my credit card bills start coming in for next month. They should be lowwwww.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Spend days: 0

Allowable Spend days: 5

No-spend days: 16

Another no spend day under my belt. Hoping to add a few more before needing groceries and OTC meds. Keeping my fingers crossed for two more before spending.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:Janet, BeckyO does wonderfully with her scooter. I'm so glad that she has someone to travel with her otherwise she wouldn't be able to go alone, I don't think they would let her.

Been a rainy day here, but it cleared up this afternoon. one more day in my garage and I will have all my organizing done.

I got my checks off to the appropriate people today and that was all the money I spent today. Made another run to Goodwill and will take the rest of the trash off tomorrow when I go grocery shopping.

So far this month:

2 Spend Days
3 Allowable Day
17 No Spend Days

I think I am going to be real happy when my credit card bills start coming in for next month. They should be lowwwww.

I could be leaving for Mexcio tomorrow but I am just not up to it. My brother and his wife have a condo right on the water in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. She goes there for the winter and he joins her when he has the time.. My niece has a time share right next door to them and she invited me to stay with her for two weeks starting on Feb 23 until March 9th but I am just not up to the trip.I would stay with my brother for the extra day on the 23. My brother offered to pay for my airfare. I went in 2013 but my BFF went with me. If she had not been with me it would have been hard on me even though they had a wheelchair for me at each plane transfer. Maybe next year.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Still at 8 on no spend days. Goal is 10 no spend days. The handymen are always needing something. Today, I want to go out and get something. Tomorrow, I will be stuck here waiting for a call from them to pay for supplies for the shed replacement. Hopefully, Friday will be a no spend.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Sunday was a no-spend day, as was Monday. Tuesday was my allowable spend day for groceries, and I managed to get quite a bit for $17.89 -- I won't be putting away $10 this week, just $7 but it's still better than $0.

So...
Unplanned Spend days: 1
Allowable Spend days: 6
No-spend days (want 15): 13

Today, Wednesday, is a no-spend day, and tomorrow, Thursday, is another planned no-spend day. Friday is payday, and I'll either spend for groceries that day, or on Saturday -- whichever day I don't spend for groceries will be another no-spend day.

I think that I'm going to make my goal this month!! :D