February No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
littlemiss63

Re: February No Spend Challenge

Post by littlemiss63 »

Man, I am really slipping I got my total days screwed up yesterday for no-spend. I need to go back to school if I can't do simple addition. LOL

I guess I was getting so excited to be close to Jackie's challenge of 20 days this month that I got ahead of myself. Well it's right today. This would have made my third allowable spend day when I went grocery shopping.

I was very happy with my total $55.00 and I bought extra chickpeas to make my hummus for the party, and a couple boxes of heart healthy crackers along with Veggie Chips that I don't normally buy.

Ritz has one out now with very little salt, only 40 mg per serving and that is excellent. I don't know that I would care for the Ritz with Hummus, but shall see how it taste. I found one with 110 mg made by TownHouse Focaccino (Tuscan Cheese) that is delicious. I decided to also take some Salsa, which is very healthy and I found some Veggie Dippin Chips of kale, carrots and spinach to go with that. They are low in sodium, 120 mg and sugar as well 1g.

My record so far this month:

2 Spend Days
3 Allowable Day
17 No Spend Days
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I am going to make my goal this month, like I said I'm going to be jumping with joy when my credit card bills start coming in this month. It's been a very good month in the spending department. Maybe, I should stay at home more and de-clutter. LOL

My record is:

2 Spend Days
3 Allowable Day
18 No Spend Days
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

No spending yesterday or today. I don't feel well today, and all my energy was spent clearing off all the snow; in fact I don't want to go anywhere else today but I have to. :(

So...
Unplanned Spend days: 1
Allowable Spend days: 6
No-spend days (want 15): 15

Well I've got my 15 days, but I'm off a day somewhere in my count. I'll figure it out later.

Tomorrow is payday... I'll either grocery shop Friday (tomorrow) or Saturday; haven't figured out which yet, one will be a no-spend day. Sunday is also a planned no-spend day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Spend days: 0

Allowable Spend days: 5

No-spend days: 18

Wednesday and Thursday were no spend days. Tomorrow I go grocery/OTC shopping, pay bills, and take out our allowances. Then I am hoping that other than the envelope on Sunday spending is over for the month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Spend days: 0

Allowable Spend days: 6

No-spend days: 18

Only one more spend day this month, so I am hoping to meet my goal.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I was going to shop today to use a 5.00 off coupon at Dollar General but decided to skip and stay home and cook/bake. I am going to say the rest of this month from 02/25/2917 through 02/28/2017 will be no spend days. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama