April No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: April No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:Where is everyone, I am getting lonely over here by myself? LOL

Haven't spent a cent the last two days, even talked myself out of the diffusers that I thought I needed. I walked out onto the patio yesterday and when I came back into the house with just four diffusers going I realized I didn't really need more, didn't matter if they were on sale. I put the same oils in every one daily and it was heavenly. If I will diffuse the same oils, it will be simpler to fill the containers. I can mix enough oils and water at one time to fill them all. I have designated me a pitcher for that purpose and marked the water line with a magic marker. Sometimes it takes me awhile for that light bulb moment.

Saved myself money by giving myself a pedicure tonight. I have set aside Tuesday nights to care for my feet. With sandal weather around the corner need to get my feet and toes in great shape. I love massages, but I've always enjoyed doing my own manicure and pedicures for some reason.

I think the rest of the week should be no spend as well.
Hi Libby. sorry you feel abandoned..I am not as dedicated to posting as I should be.. Busy doing things inside and out an it takes its toll on me.. You are doing very well with your no spend challenge. I did go off the depend again..I bought food but it was in the budget and yet my challenge to myself of not buying food until the 15th has been blown away.. Otherwise I am doing ok. So many good bargains in food right now so it is ok but not what I planned.. You keep up the good work.. I am inspired by what you post. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Janet, thank you for stopping by, you brightened my day. :lol:

So sorry to hear about your aide's accident, sure hope she is healing nicely. I know what you are talking about when you have to train a new one. I went through that several times when Mother was living with me. I liked having the same ones each week, they knew where everything was.

I am going to have another no spend day. Other than groceries there isn't much that I need or want lately. I pay all my bills on the last day of the month then I'm done and finished with them. Hold very little cash out as I buy everything I can on my credit cards to get the cash back. I have three cards that I will be able to deduct $50.00 from the bills this month, American Express, Mastercard and Capital One. I wait until I hit the $50.00 mark to ask for the money to be applied, makes a bigger dent so to speak.

I know you are glad to have your sister-in-law at home. Respiratory problems are the pits and it's good that she has somewhere warm she can get away to. Hope you have a great day and don't overdo things.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:Janet, thank you for stopping by, you brightened my day. :lol:

So sorry to hear about your aide's accident, sure hope she is healing nicely. I know what you are talking about when you have to train a new one. I went through that several times when Mother was living with me. I liked having the same ones each week, they knew where everything was.

I am going to have another no spend day. Other than groceries there isn't much that I need or want lately. I pay all my bills on the last day of the month then I'm done and finished with them. Hold very little cash out as I buy everything I can on my credit cards to get the cash back. I have three cards that I will be able to deduct $50.00 from the bills this month, American Express, Mastercard and Capital One. I wait until I hit the $50.00 mark to ask for the money to be applied, makes a bigger dent so to speak.

I know you are glad to have your sister-in-law at home. Respiratory problems are the pits and it's good that she has somewhere warm she can get away to. Hope you have a great day and don't overdo things.
My aide went for a Cat scan and does have cervical strain..She returned to work yesterday but on limited duty.. Which is fine with me. Part of my care plan states I need companionship daily and she is good for that. She did do some laundry folding and other light weight things

So far the weather is doing ok for my SIL. Just hope it stays nice while she is adjusting. She has been going to Mexico for at least 15 or 16 years.. Many of their friends go down to visit with her as well as family. I have been once. It is so beautiful their condo is right on the water at Puerto Vallarta. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Doing Ok staying in budget. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I spent a few dollars at Dollar Tree yesterday but they were in the budget. So I am doing ok.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So far behind here, got to play catch up.

Spend Days: 0

Allowable Spend Days: 4

No Spend Days: 11

All caught up now. I just got a bit too involved with Easter preparations.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/