DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: DeCluttering

Post by Jackielou » Fri May 11, 2018 8:28 pm

I am up to a total of 145 items. Still need to rid myself on 30 items. As I dress in the morning I am going to be ruthless. If I don't think it fits right, the item is gone!

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Sat May 12, 2018 9:31 am

Sold the spare violin (3/4 size, my giraffe-like musician outgrew it). Only took 6 months of Craigslisting, LOL. Charming family bought it.

Still trying to sell the indoor/outdoor rug. I should also list some framed art that I've collected over the years but while they're pretty neutral - still life watercolor, landscape prints - art is hard to get rid of.

It's also like cars. New is expensive but resale, if you can even find a buyer, is horrible. Some of it I would part with just for enthusiasm on the part of the person who wants it. You like it that much? Here, take it home. No, really, take. it. home. Because otherwise I will eventually, Lord willing, only have to schlepp it to another house, and the less I have to move in the full-bore heat of an Oklahoma summer, the happier I'll be.

ephofma

Post by ephofma » Mon May 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Thank you Jackielou!

ephofma

Post by ephofma » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:54 pm

I had a Thrift Store appointment today. I took in 10 items from closets, 5 items from my office and another 5 items from around other parts of the house. I believe this brings me up to 65 items decluttered. Also, I am trying real hard not to bring anything that isn't absolutely necessary into the house.