DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: DeCluttering

Post by Jackielou » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:21 am

One must remember that not all these items are big, some are actually quite small.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Well the total for the year is up to 492 items donated, given to the DS's or recycled. Things are looking up in this department. I am hoping to manage a few more (at least 100) by the end of the year.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:07 am

Did more decluttering over the last few days and now 522 items are either recycled or donated!!! I wonder how high I can get this year.

rinty

Post by rinty » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 am

Good for you, Jackie.

I know my DDs are doing the pre Christmas decluttering and have asked for any " good stuff " for my school. We need books and pillows and cushions to make the book corners attractive and comfortable..............and we are doing a Children only fete and were thinking about a Cuddly Toy stall and a general Toy stall. Lots of the ones at our school won't get much , if anything this Christmas.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:42 pm

rinty wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:40 am
Good for you, Jackie.

I know my DDs are doing the pre Christmas decluttering and have asked for any " good stuff " for my school. We need books and pillows and cushions to make the book corners attractive and comfortable..............and we are doing a Children only fete and were thinking about a Cuddly Toy stall and a general Toy stall. Lots of the ones at our school won't get much , if anything this Christmas.
Rinty let me know if you do this and plan on continuing the cuddly toy stall. Pretty sure I could make a few cuddly toys over the summer and mail them off to you. Every child should get a gift at Christmas.

rinty

Post by rinty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Jackie what a lovely thought. A lot of our children are from minorities and DH always says he is humbled that their familes donate to Harvest festival and such when they have so little themselves.

The parish collects money and it goes to St Vincent de Paul ( but then some comes to specific families identified at the school ) Its a nice church family .

A lot of the kids are thrilled at just getting Christmas sweets.