DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: DeCluttering

Post by Jackielou »

Today I ended up putting a few more items in the donation box. Just small things, but I am now up to 123 items for the year. I wonder if I can reach 150 by the end of the month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I've been on the de cluttering journey for years now, :D

I'm not nearly done but~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm seeing progress, I can see it when I walk into a room and I am pleasantly surprised by clear spaces, not all rooms mind you, but some. :lol: :roll:

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

SSSOOOO the short story is that.....

DH closed his 2nd office in 2002 and had the "stuff" moved into the Garage .

The door is on springs ., but one of the 4 springs is broken, so DH and I can't lift it, remember that he has a bad back,he is using leg braces and walkers.

We are getting new garage door, an electric one, but they will need 5-10 feet to work and "stuff" is right at the door.

I did want to go thought the stuff, garbage, recycle, charity, but stuff needs to go!!!!

I had been talking to DH about 1 800 got junk, and I gave them a call today.

DH thought that it was FREE!!! WHAT ?????? Oh well stuff must go.

I won't be surprised if i have them come more then once, right now I just want to be able to get to stuff to clear things out.

At least the stuff has been in the garage and we have not been paying for storage !!!

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Boy, junk is expensive!!!

I 800 got junk est was $2,000!!!!

Somehow I will need to move stuff from the front of the garage door they need 10 ft to put the new door in. One of the 4 springs is broken. :cry:

fun, fun, fun!!!!!

IC
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

I have been working on my closet and my office for decluttering. I am sending 5 articles of clothes and 15 items from my office to the Thrift Store so far. Hope to do more decluttering before I go in.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m really in the mood to declutter right now. My biggest problem is a ton of Christmas stuff at both my house and mom’s house. I don’t want to donate it now because I think it would just get tossed. Who wants Christmas stuff now. So I’m consolidating it as best I can at mom’s house (my stuff included) and will donate in the fall.

In the meantime yesterday i dropped off a bag of clothes (12 items) plus a rain jacket plus two small bags of odds and ends. This was from my house. I have things ready to go from mom’s house (just need to put them in the right size box) and will try to drop them off this afternoon.

I’m looking at things with the thought that if I moved are the things worth moving. I think I will feel less stress if I have less clutter. I must say that mom’s house really has not been bad in terms of clutter (except papers) for living there for 50 years. I’m more of a pack rat than mom.