DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
icfrugal1

Re: DeCluttering

Post by icfrugal1 »

So we recived a notice of a company that is coming around today to collect computer monitors Etc.

We received the notice on Fri the 8th and the pick up was for today the 10th of Dec.

DH will be replacing his desktop computer at some point and the old computer has the "old BIG monitors" we got one of the monitors on a dolly and got it to the front of the house last night, IT IS GONE !!!! :D YEAH !!!

Anything out of the house is a good thing. DH said that the next time the guy comes by he will let another monitor go. :D

In the meantime, the "charity" people are coming by the weds, I'm trying to go though the house and find things that could go away. !!!!

I have a couple of bags are in progress of being filled.

So I am also turning the coat hangers in my closet, I will see what i do and do not use. So in June or maybe Dec 2018 anything that has not been worn will leave.

IC
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Decluttering is hard. Good work, ICfrugal.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Been going through my pile of recipes printed from the internet and culling things I'll probably never make, things we didn't like and duplicates.

Also worked on a catch-all spot in the spare room .. it looks better, but still needs help.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Took a big step with decluttering today and brought the following to Goodwill: a large wall decor item, a blanket, looseleaf tea tumbler, baby wipe warmer, decorative bowl, and toys.

I threw out an old purse that had stains on the outside.

It's great to have a guest bedroom closet that you can stand in again. I need to tackle the master bedroom closet and our kitchen pantry next. And my son's room. Oh dear :)
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Tomorrow the "charity" people are coming around again, yeah!

We are lucky at least once a month or so someone is collecting. :lol:

I keep a box by the fount door with bags so to be ready when thy come around, I hope to put at least one thing in the bag a day.

So a couple of days ago I pulled some stuff from the hallway cupboard, today I "forced" myself to deal with the stuff,I did put some stuff back in the cupboard :( BUT I also put some stuff in the charity bag, some in the recycle and some in the garbage. :roll:

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Two bags out front for the charity people. 8-)

I have 10 books ready to go to the library "nook".

I will at least get them into the car today, and hopefully to the nook this week.

IC