DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
icfrugal1

DeCluttering

Post by icfrugal1 »

HELLO,

So I started DE cluttering today, I have not done a lot, but I have a bag of clothes ready to send away!!!! ;)

I got an unexpected surprise, or reward, I found a picture of my cousin that she has been asking about, it was taken over 50 years ago.

Tell me about your decluttering.

IC
Jackielou

Re: DeCluttering

Post by Jackielou »

icfrugal1 wrote:HELLO,

So I started DE cluttering today, I have not done a lot, but I have a bag of clothes ready to send away!!!! ;)

I got an unexpected surprise, or reward, I found a picture of my cousin that she has been asking about, it was taken over 50 years ago.

Tell me about your decluttering.

IC
As one of our posters used to say "How do you eat an elephant? You do it one bite at a time." Congrats on taking your first bite.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I still have a pile of socks from when I cleaned out DS's room while he was away at band camp. He pulled some out a couple of weeks ago. He came home to pack for a band trip and proceeded to wash his dirty clothes because he had no clean socks. Then he saw the pile and pulled out enough socks. LOL! It was hard to determine how many pairs to leave him with. He is also hard on them.

But all of the too small clothing went a a good home. LOL! A few things i handed down to my Dad and the rest went to Vietnam vets. I am pretty good at keeping my clothing down. I do keep a basket in the basement for charity, so when I get a call "We will have a truck on your street, Do you have any items to donate/" I can say "Yes"..

I need to go through my basement again. I have some nice serving dished that were MIL's that I don;t use, but I'd hate to send them with the trucks.
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

I got a bit of decluttering done. I cleaned out my car yesterday. I have dropped off several things with my son. I also gave my coupon buddy some items. I plan to work on my storage room later this week if it is cooler. I am also helping my son declutter a closet at his house, so that he can have room to store the kids stroller and shoes.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I have not done anything yet today, but yesterday I did take another small bite of the "elephant" I got another bag of stuff ready to leave the house.

IC
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I got bored yesterday morning and pulled out everything file in my file cabinet in our office and started the usual toss/shred pile. I was amazed how much paperwork accumulated that was just useless or outdated. now I only have 7 years of tax returns and that feels good. it takes up a lot of space. I have about 2 dz magazines that were given to me, so I will look at them one more time and pull out any recipes or interesting articles and then put them in the recycle bin or give them to a neighbor. cj