DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
icfrugal1

Re: DeCluttering

Post by icfrugal1 »

blondeinbuffalo wrote:I just pulled out all my fall and winter clothing. really do not need to buy anything just yet. maybe catch a sale on sweaters in january at the thrift stores! I do have some blouses that just do not fit right, button is not laying flat and I always have to pin them so out they go into the amvets box! one purple, one green, one creme and one blue. I usually buy multiples of a style I like! does anyone else do this, find something you like in clothing and buy 3 or 4 different colors? cj
I've been known to get sweaters in multiples, for Christmas one year my DH gave me 8 sweaters same sweater different colors!!!

I should say, I H A T E shopping, now I wear jeans and tee shirts.

IC

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

One small bite of the elephant!!!!

A kitchen drawer was so full that it was leaking papers to the cabinet below it.

I gathered the papers from the cabinet and the papers from the drawer and recycled a lot of paper. We have been in the house for 29 years and some of the papers were from the prior owners, papers from repairs of appliances that we no longer have. :-)

Small YEAH to me :D

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Big YAY, icfrugal! I just recently went through a file drawer and shredded all the medical documents from our dog who died two years ago. Paperwork is insidious.

Last night I got out the rest of my winter clothes and immediately added three pairs of slacks with weird, annoying waistbands to the Salvation Army bag.
Mackie

rinty

Post by rinty »

My summer clothes are sitting in a pile I can't make my mind up whether to Car Boot or Not............so they are CLUTTER just sitting there with books I have pared down, random ornaments that have been breeding since we got here etc etc I need to suck it up and DECIDE. To do a car boot will cost a tenner and I don't know where the good ones are round here...........BUT you can make £80 on average if it IS a good car boot . ARRRGGHHH, decision, decisions and the Clutter Remains :cry:

rinty

Post by rinty »

icfrugal1 wrote:One small bite of the elephant!!!!

A kitchen drawer was so full that it was leaking papers to the cabinet below it.

I gathered the papers from the cabinet and the papers from the drawer and recycled a lot of paper. We have been in the house for 29 years and some of the papers were from the prior owners, papers from repairs of appliances that we no longer have. :-)

Small YEAH to me :D
YEAH to you eating that elephant !!! You go girl !!!!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Changing over my clothes today and I am getting a rather large donation pile. I am sure there will be more as I try things on. What's there now are things that I know don't fit right. Why I packed them away is totally beyond me....I must have been dreaming that I would lose enough weight to make them fit properly once again.

Jackie