May Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

May Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

So the first day of May is gone and time to get this challenge really up and running.

Yesterday I recycled some paper towel tubes as yarn holders for some skeins of fancy ribbon yarn.

Used up the leftover turkey tetrazzini as well as a package of carrots from the freezer.

Hubby used up the loaf of bread.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Re: May Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am in.. Took a short vacation from the basement decluttering due to fatigue but will hopefully get back in to recycle mode. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I guess there is probably something I could give away if I looked hard enough, but really I have reached my heart's desire for decluttering at this time. I would have to look for things and I am not ready to do that yet. I love the things I haven't given away yet and they bring me joy.

I did use some empty toilet paper rolls to wind my leftover yarn from my dishcloth project. I have white, yellow and a cream/variegated colors. I finished the white dishcloth for my DD and made her a little pot scrubber to go with it. It's so cute until I'm going to make a creamy/variegated one also. When I get ready for more dishcloths I will buy me some more yarn to add with it. I kept the lot numbers so I could match it up.

I'm not going to start another project until I finish the Roman Shade for my eating area of the kitchen. I have got a mind block on that thing and I want it so bad.

I used all my cocoa to make some chocolate pudding.

I used the last of my onion powder and have added it to my list. I'm going to try to wait until I go to the Amish store in Kentucky to replenish my supply. I can get a large container for a couple of $'s and I use a lot of onion powder in stuff. I make my own onion dip using it and dried minced onions so I can control the sodium.

Did use the last of my frozen strawberries in my smoothie today.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the package of 6 dinner buns.

Used up a container of chicken stock from the freezer.

Used up the leftover corn.

Hubby used up some the package of sliced turkey breast for his lunch sandwiches.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Did some baking and used up the last of a bag of almond flour, the last of a bottle of agave nectar, two apples that were languishing in the fridge and one egg from 12 that only cost .50 cents a dozen. Left the oven door open afterwards to add to the room to heat it.. Fireplace brought the temperature up to 70 so it was really nice and toasty in the house with a windchill of 38 outside and no use of the furnace. Very frugal day and evening. Janet Alliesmama

Edit to add..Still using the bit of toothpaste scraped out of a free sample.. Amazing this is at least the 4th application that would have been thrown away if I had not cut open the tube..
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

littlemiss63 wrote:I guess there is probably something I could give away if I looked hard enough, but really I have reached my heart's desire for decluttering at this time. I would have to look for things and I am not ready to do that yet. I love the things I haven't given away yet and they bring me joy.

I did use some empty toilet paper rolls to wind my leftover yarn from my dishcloth project. I have white, yellow and a cream/variegated colors. I finished the white dishcloth for my DD and made her a little pot scrubber to go with it. It's so cute until I'm going to make a creamy/variegated one also. When I get ready for more dishcloths I will buy me some more yarn to add with it. I kept the lot numbers so I could match it up.

I'm not going to start another project until I finish the Roman Shade for my eating area of the kitchen. I have got a mind block on that thing and I want it so bad.

I used all my cocoa to make some chocolate pudding.

I used the last of my onion powder and have added it to my list. I'm going to try to wait until I go to the Amish store in Kentucky to replenish my supply. I can get a large container for a couple of $'s and I use a lot of onion powder in stuff. I make my own onion dip using it and dried minced onions so I can control the sodium.

Did use the last of my frozen strawberries in my smoothie today.
Littlemiss, that is so funny, I was jut thinking last night that I need to put onion powder on my shopping list. Sadly, I have used up the last of my empty boxes packing up stuff that S.O. and his children will be taking with them when they MOVE OUT - so I am off to obtain more boxes. Yippppeeeeeeee!!!

The decluttering and packing feels wonderful today!