Judicious July - Low / No Spend challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Judicious July - Low / No Spend challenge

Post by SandiSAHM »

6 no-spend days out of 21. So... 28.5%ish of the days of the month spend-free.

That last no-spend was actually a negative-spend, LOL, a couple of returns to Amazon were processed.

Looking forward... I can envision 2 spend days next week, one for a prescription and a haircut for DD, and one for a few groceries. Along with the usual utility payments, mortgage payment, etc. Hopefully, therefore, there's still room for my % to improve. :D
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I lost track of no spend days this month. will start again in august. all bills paid in full with some extra left over for savings so July was a good month. only 6 more days to go and I am hoping the only expense will be gas for the car. cj

I still have $20 left on my gift card for wegmans so if I need produce I have that covered.
ferncircle

Post by ferncircle »

I had a large spend day but it was because I was out buying last year's winter weather gear (rain jacket etc) before the new stuff came in. So I spent, but I saved on things that I'd need to buy for this winter regardless.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

9 of 30 days thusfar w/out spending. 30%. I could do SO much better. I will do better next month, there's a whole 8 days of August when Mr. Lowe's will be out of town ;)

One more day, then onward to Austere August. Wherein, however, we'll prepay most of the expenses related to the end of year event. Better early than late. :lol:

------------
7/31 - a total of 10 out of 31 days.

On to August, this was a little too depressing. And a little chaotic, between the dog going to the vet unplanned once and me taking an unplanned trip to the PCP (for which the real bills have not yet arrived), the month was a dud.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Austere August is getting off to a mediocre start. Two of 5 days thusfar have been spend free. Tomorrow will be spendy as both DD and DH need shoes (tax-free weekend, may as well take advantage).
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Day 12 of Austere August & we're at 33.3% no-spend days. Tomorrow should be another.

Rained all day, that keeps us from leaving the house :lol: we don't feel like going anywhere so we play scrabble or monopoly between 15-minute blasts of chores.