Spend Less in September-- how many no-spend days can you do

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Momof2

Re: Spend Less in September-- how many no-spend days can you do

Post by Momof2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:05 am
Momof2 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:19 am Janet, ouch on the car repair bill. Car repair issues are so difficult. It seems like there is always tweaking that needs to be done after a repair.
I really need a car where I live especially with my brother moving away and then spending most of the winter at his condo in Mexico. My nieces all live in other communities so I only have my aide 4 days a week to help out with car needs..Technically she is only suppose to take me out once a week but the agency said that it could be increased to twice with permission if the need is there. My former aide was like a sister to me and I could call her if need be but she has moved to Texas to get married.. So I am pretty much in need of a car.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, I hear you on needing a car that works. I am always in awe when I visit an area that one does not need a car to survive. I have never lived in such an area. Even though I live in a bigger town, the public transit is apparently not meant to deter people from having a car. If you want or need something here, you have to drive there or it takes 2 to 4 hours to get there and back, due to the bus loops being so large and buses looping only once an hour.

Yesterday was a spend day. It was payday, so bills to pay. I also ordered a couple of items that I had been putting off but that I really need. I do have to go to the grocery store to pick up a few perishables for the week for RM and my lunches, and the rabbit needs lettuce, but that may wait until tomorrow.
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

I finished my planned spending for the week, although I may have to get paper towels later in the week. I stopped and filled my car up with gas on the way home from church. After a nap, I went grocery shopping, but they were out of paper towels. Well, actually they were out of a lot of items (lots of empty spaces throughout the store) but most were not anything I needed. So, this month I have had 6 spend days out of 17.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

13 of 18 days no-spend so far. 72% !

Had to fill in a few grocery items yesterday. Will have to do it again (different store) later this week.

But overall, not bad for us. DH is back from India and had not only a productive visit but a good time in spite of his terror while in the back seat of their hired car. Between the driving on the left and the overall # of traffic circles with their associated "whichever tiny space you can fit in, go there" rules, he was stomping on an imaginary brake pedal quite often, :lol:

He's been too tired to start any projects :D
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have not spent anything except what is in my budget except for my car repair. I think the only way to cut the money going out is food everything else is pretty much fixed..Took my car in again since it was having problems but they cannot find anything wrong with it. They told me that if whatever happens again to come to them without an appointment.. That is scary since I live in a rural area and I am disabled so this means I need to get a cell phone. There is no way I am going to be driving anywhere anymore without one.. I will get a tracphone as the cheapest price that I can find. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I had a moment and bought two new tops, a pair of slacks, and a pair of winter boots on clearance this week from Sierra Trading Post. Mostly this is driven by needing a few fresh things if I get a new job, but I also needed winter boots that aren't clunky and won't make my heels hurt. (My old ones are still in good shape but can't be worn with plantar fasciitis.) I found a pair of Cougar gray suede waterproof ankle boots for less than half price and they are great. We don't get a lot of snow here, but winters are usually wet and rather nasty, so I'm pleased.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

My stress level is up with the new furnace installation not going well and the car still sometimes does not seem to want to accelerate like it should so I have been eating more fast food and junk food.Why do those things make me feel better than having a celery or carrot stick...lol. So the budget it not being followed. Also bought a Tracphone and that was money not in the budget.. So need to stop this self indulgence and get back on track and start to eat healthy foods at home..Janet Alliesmama
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama