Spend Less in September-- how many no-spend days can you do

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Momof2

Re: Spend Less in September-- how many no-spend days can you do

Post by Momof2 »

Janet, I hope your stress level is better now. I had to fight with myself to eat from home the last couple of days- been busy and just wanted to not have to clean up, or take the time to pack lunches. I did spend money on Saturday as it was my grocery shopping day. Also spent money on Sunday – stopped for gas for my car and also Publix for the sale items. I am at 22 days for the month of no spending. I have stayed almost within grocery budget which is the biggie. I was over $4.81, but considering we had a hurricane and I included the extra items bought in preparation for, along with the replacement of a few items I had to toss due to the electricity being out, I think I did okay. I did come in under budget in the pet and household categories. I think I am done spending this month. I will go grocery shopping Saturday, but my current menu goes through Saturday night, the groceries will count as next month’s spending. I like to shop on Saturday at Aldi which is where I do most of my grocery shopping so that I can stop at Publix and/or the Dollar store on my way home from church to pick up anything Aldi does not have or sale items.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Thanks Momof 2 however my stress level is still up there and I am out of budget big time..Furnace still not working like it should.. The installer and the manufacture are trying to correlate a date when they can both be here to see what the problem is..

All things considered it looks like you have done well. Especially considering the hurricane stress you have had to deal with. We have floods and tornadoes here but I think hurricanes are more difficult to deal with.

I am trying to keep a positive thought and will try to start October off on a more positive note. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

I am sorry you are still waiting on things to be fixed. Here is to hoping October is better in the spending department.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

23 of 27 days have been no-spend. 85% !

I should probably do another fill-in grocery run before the weekend. Salad greens, half n half, fruit. Probably Friday.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

As Sept comes to a close I will be glad to move on to Oct. It was not a good month with all of the things that were unexpected and not in budget. I am looking forward to starting Oct with a clean slate and attempting to get back on the frugal wagon. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Made it to 24 no spend days in September. 80%

Doubt I'll see THAT again this year. Can't hurt to try though! :lol: